SatMex 5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Balperro

Original poster
Mar 16, 2007
Hi everyone,

I just joined this forum and found tons of information on satellites. It's great! I also went to the Sadoun website for information, but I got lost with all the technical information provided. I really don't know a thing of this topic, but I am very interesded to learn about it.

I live in Maryland and I want to know what would be a complete list of equipment needed to watch the FTA C-Band Channels located on the satellite SatMex 5. Specifically the Spanish content ones.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Gracias,

Balperro

Hola (thats about the extent of my Spanish) :)

To get the Spanish programming on Satmex5, you would need

-FTA receiver
-C-Band dish (6 foot or larger)
-C-Band LNBF

and some cable
Here is a list of the channels on C-Band. Just scroll down to Satmex5
http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistCBandUS.html

Since you are on the east coast, you could also get a 30" or larger KU dish and hit Hispasat. A fair amount of Spanish channels from Cuba & Spain on there
http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistATL.html

But if you want to go with just C-Band, here is a link to Sadoun's package for that purpose
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Satellite-systems/C-Band-Satellite-System.htm

Hola Iceberg,

Thank you so much for your fast response. I've been reading a little bit more about it and wow, there is so much to learn. It's great. Also, I will see if I have a clear view to the sky to the location of these satellites and if I can fit such a big dish in my back yard. I will look for those channels on the KU band and see if the ones my wife and I are looking for, are in that KU band, which will result in a much smaller dish.
I will take a look at the links you sent me and I will get back to you shortly.
Once again, thanks for your help and direction.
Tu amigo,
Balperro
:up

Hola again Iceberg,

I found a couple of channels on the KU Band on Intelsat 3R at 43.1 W that are of our interest. TELEVISA NORESTE Mexico, and XHG-4 Guadalajara, Mexico.
Are these two channels available for Free?
Now if I buy the following equipment will we able to watch them?:
+ Fortec Star Mercury II Digital Satellite Receiver.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]+ Fortec 36" Offset FC90P Dish with universal mount.

[/FONT]+ Invacom SNH-031 0.3 dB

Or do you recommend different equipment? My zipcode is 21009.

Gracias again,

Balperro

yes those are free. I can't verify if they are active right now (I can't see that satellite from my location). Hopefully someone can chime in if they are active right now

Otherwise the setup you posted above will work just fine :)

Thank you very much! IT sounds like good news to me.
I have an extra Dish 811 receiver that I bought long time ago and a SuperDish antenna that I no longer use. Could I use this receiver and dish to decode Intelsat 3R at 43.1 W or I have to buy the Fortec Star Mercury II and another dish?
Thanks!
Balperro

Ku band help

I don't know if you found this list yet, but it breaks down Ku band FTA programming by language.
http://ftalist.com/channels.htm
The bad news is, it only goes as far East as 72º w. :(
(sorry 'bout that)

The 811 receiver won't do you any good.

The superdish is usually not a good choice (too small) for FTA, and the LNB may not be friendly for some receivers.
For 43.1ºw, see the map and determine how strong the signal is in your location.
Also, on the column marked "beam" , make sure what you want is indicated as "North America".
...and Ku band, of course. :)

Last edited:
Thank you Anole,

I found on your lists the following info for this channel:
12004 V
tp 10
Televisa NoresteDVB3125-?
256 Sp
North AmericaC Cooper

Therefore, based on all this info, I may need the equipment I listed on this thread post #4. and based on the footprint, I am located within the ring of the 48dBW contour.
I think I am getting close to find what I need.

I will start searching for sellers once I get some positives about equipment list based on location and channel availability.

Thanks again guys!

Hi Anole,
Thanks for your response. I just wrote a response, but got lost at time of posting. Anyway... I searched the links you posted and I am located within the 48dBW contour of the 43.1ºw footprint. The channel my wife and I are looking for is Televisa Noreste, 12004 V, tp 10, DVB, North America. I don't understand all the achronyms like DVB and the rest of the numbers there, but I noticed is a KU band channel based on the high number of the Frequency type, right? tp is transponder and the rest, I'm lost. So, probably the equipment list is the one I posted on this thread #4, right? If not, I certainly accept suggestions and tips.
Thanks again guys!
Balperro

actually looking at one of the links I posted above
http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistATL.html

it looks like as of 2/28/07 they were free

43.0 West Intelsat 3R Ku-Band 10750 MHz local oscillator North American spot beam

H-11956 03.125 0308 0256 XHG-4 Guadalajara, Mexico
V-12004 03.125 0308 0256 TELEVISA NORESTE Mexico

I also found that on SatMex 5 my location is on the 38dBW contour for the C Band. Then there is a chart on the right hand side saying that at that contour, a 100-130 cm dish size is okay. Is this the right size of dish for a C Band? http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/sm5_c.html
The channels are http://www.lyngsat.com/freetv/Mexico.html:
Canal de las Estrellas Mexico
Canal 4 TV
Canal 5
Galavision Mexico
at 3940 H, tp 12, on C Band.
Are all these channels available FTA with a 120 cm dish?
Thanks,
Balperro

I dont think that is accurate. I have a bugger picking them up in MN with a 6 footer so you would probably need the 6 foot dish minimum

Ohh... I see. That's what I thought when I was reading other posts about dish sizes for C Band frequencies. Thanks Iceberg.
I wish someone from around this area could find them and let me know if he/she can lock them with a strong signal.

to balperro about Intelsat 3R spanish

im getting 10 channels from that sat..im in rhode island and can see all the way to Telstar 12 very easy those spanish channels where free and the sig strength im getting today is 60 percent on my pansat 2700a on a fortec 3 foot dish with a .04 lnb ..on a normal clear day i do hit 70 or better... Hispasat 1C Hispasat 1D i can bang a good 99 percent on telecaribe columbia just for an example..i dont speak spanish..but i scan them just to see what i might find...hope this helps you out..i just did a rescan and those 2 channels are now gone...11956 V
tp 10 XHG - Canal 4 (Guadalajara) 3125
12004 V tp 10 Televisa Noreste 3125

Last edited:
I also found that on SatMex 5 my location is on the 38dBW contour for the C Band. Then there is a chart on the right hand side saying that at that contour, a 100-130 cm dish size is okay. Is this the right size of dish for a C Band? The channels are
Canal de las Estrellas Mexico
Canal 4 TV
Canal 5
Galavision Mexico
at 3940 H, tp 12, on C Band.
Are all these channels available FTA with a 120 cm dish?
Thanks,
Balperro

The channels are available with a Digicipher II receiver and I believe they are MEGAPIPE ( which I don't know too much about ) , I may have read that we cannot get these channels eventhough they are listed as free.

I too was interested in these channels , but after posting interest in them was told ,cannot do.

Balperro , the channels on PAS 3R ( Intelsat 3R ) Televisa are mainly early feeds that coincide with morning talk shows and news and are not consistent , one channel of interest has been on lately till about 6:00 pm or later and shows plenty of Epoca de Oro ( Mexico's Golden Age ) Movies , but can cutout without notice at anytime.

2 channels of interest are AZTECA 7 and AZTECA 13 on IA-6 (Galaxy 26) @ 93.0 W.

Ku offers little when it comes to Mexican Channels , now if you have LOS Line of Sight and you would like to see other Spanish channels then Hispasat @ 30.0 W. offer quite a bit from Spain - Cuba - Latin America.

C-band is the way to go for more Mexican Programming , but I would go with at least an 8ft dish.

Balperro for curiosity sake , what is your location ?

Sorry for not responding so quick as you guys. I think I am going to give it a try at a KU Band set up first and wait a little longer for a big C Band dish. I will try to get AZTECA 7 and AZTECA 13 on IA-6 (Galaxy 26) @ 93.0 W. And hopefully H-11956 03.125 0308 0256 XHG-4 Guadalajara, Mexico & V-12004 03.125 0308 0256 TELEVISA NORESTE Mexico on 43.0 West Intelsat 3R.
I don't want my wife to kick me out of the house and sleep in the "dish-farm".
Now the interesting part will be to find a close retailer for all the equipment. I will browse around the internet to all our sponsors in this forum.
Once again, thank you all for your help and advices.
Balperro

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)