Save Yourself Some Time

animalhouse

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
Morgan County, West Virginia
Here's the situation I had with two separate installations within the past month. Hopefully this will help some people in expressing to the D* CSR/Tech Support what they want.

To start with I live in the Washington, DC/Hagerstown, MD DMA, approximately 60 to 70 miles northwest of the metro area.

It started last month when I signed up for the HD Platinum Package. The CSR said I needed a Super Dish and access to the 129 satellite. So I said OK. When the tech came to my house he told me that he was installing a Dish 1000 and the LNB for the 129 bird. All went well. Now I had all the HD channels available with the exception of the locals which were on the 61.5 sat. The tech told me that he heard that D* was moving/mirroring these and the other local must carry's onto one of the satellites (110, 119, 129) that my new Dish 1000 was pointed to, thus giving me a "one dish solution".

I called tech support at D* and was told that they were not sure and to call back after April 1st.

So I waited to see if this was going to happen. In the meantime, news appeared in this forum that D* was not moving the locals off of the 61.5 bird. About a week ago I called D* tech support again and found out that I would require an additional dish to pick up the local HD's since they were not moving. So on Tuesday of this week a tech came out and installed a Dish 500 for 61.5 bird. At the same time, he removed the LNB for the 129 bird, thus giving me access to 61.5, 110, and 119.

So, as it turns out, I didn't need Dish 1000 or access to the 129 bird to get all the HD channels available to me. I could have saved a step and the tech could have saved his time by just doing the extra dish install the first time.

BTW, the local HD's look pretty darn good. No blurring, bleeding or fuzziness as has been reported on another thread. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)