Scheduled recordings lost due to "No signal" OR funny tech story

So the guy came yesterday. And he actually seemed to know what he was doing! He was cursing the guy that did my install. Said he used all the wrong connectors so he replaced those and most of the cables. He also tweaked the dish position and cleaned up the drooping cables on the outside of the house. He said if the changes he made did not fix the problem he would come back and move the dish a couple feet. So far so good though!

Also, my switch is a DPP 1K.2 w/Separator.
sounds good. One thing bothers me is why he didn't peak the dish for optimum signals . There is a matrix we must adhere to that shows the sig strengths that must be met.
IF those strengths were not achieved while the tech was there, he is policy bound to do whatever it takes to optimize signals.
Therefore the job is incomplete.
This is what dish is requiring of us. I assume that is nationwide.

Yea, tweaking = peaking :) Although he had some problems peaking the signal on the dish I guess. He said the battery on his SatBuddy died and his charger wasn't working, so he had to go back to the office and get another one. And then that one he said wasn't downloaded? Not sure what that means, but he said he did not understand what the numbers it was giving him meant. But he said he could tell I had a good signal.

This morning I looked at the signals and they seemed close to what they used to be (in the 50s), but they came up much quicker and said 'locked' every time which it didn't do that every time before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)