Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

Well, I would like to thank Dish for FINALLY getting the HD feed going. Yeah, it took a while but you did it kid, you did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr Who isn't 16 X 9

The reason it isn't filling the screen is because it isn't 16 X 9. It is film 1.85 : 1 a 16 X 9 is 1.78 : 1. So the film is just a bit wider so there is going to be a small amount of black on the top & bottom.

I shouldn't have to zoom. It's 16x9. I have a 16x9 TV. The two should mesh. I shouldn't have to zoom. Unacceptable.

It looks like a box in the middle of my screen. Is it even HD?
That's how they were showing the SD programs this afternoon, and BSG filled the screen because it is in HD.

edit- so, Dr. Who is not HD, thus it will not fill your screen. It is not 16X9.

Last edited:
Solution for Doctor Who: Press "*" button twice. Remember to press again when the show's over.

There's no doubt this looks better than the SD version.

xb,

Doctor Who is NOT produced in HD, hence SciFi HD can NOT have Doctor WHO in HD as its not available in HD from the BBC.

John
My wish was actually for Doctor Who to be released in HD. And I am not alone:
"The main issue, according to Julie Gardner, an executive producer for Doctor Who, is that, whereas Torchwood has maybe 10 or 20 special effects per episode, Doctor Who has a hundred or more.

"I think it would take more time for us to do our post-production, and I think it would be more costly. And I genuinely love the look that we've managed to achieve with our [directors of photography] and our grade on 'Doctor Who'," she told The Stage magazine."

Doctor Who: Tardis Is The Enemy of HDTV

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)