Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

That's just the wam BSG is, try to catch a rerun of Stargate Atlantis, that looks MUCH better IMHO, at least via D*.
I agree rad, BSG is made to look this way, however I have to say, I havent seen it to the degree that some here say. It still looks great on D* to me. I havent tried it out on E* yet. WIll have to do a comparison this friday

There does appear to be something strange about Torchwood on HDNet on my set, not sure what it is. I have a Sony Bravia XBR4 with the 120hz refresh. When I have the motion enhance feature set to high (as I normally do) there is a LOT of artifacting, rather than just the normal haloing effect on fast motion scenes. Turning the motion enhancer off makes it look better... but where's the fun in that? That's the best feature on that TV!

The artifacting that your seeing is a sometimes side effect of the motion enhance feature. Its one of the issues with the processing. Hopefully they will be able to improve it in the future. The Samsung 120hz tv with the same type processing will do the same thing.

I did the button reboot and did the unplug reboot before calling.

Still red today. :(

The problem is Dish won't activate them for Alaska yet. I called 3 times and got the same response each time. They are not part of the Alaska package and we can't subscribe to the Essentials package.

I have a 6 foot dish and get a signal strength of 35. I talked to Satellite Alaska in Anchorage and they have a 4 foot dish getting a signal strength of 18. They are also able to view the channels since they have a showroom box.

I've called Dish and will continue to call and email them until one of us tires of the other. There is no reason they can't activate these for Alaska.

I've called Dish and will continue to call and email them until one of us tires of the other. There is no reason they can't activate these for Alaska.

Did you try the ceo email? I said they were red. I currently get the sd and asked when they were going to activate the hd for alaska. I got back a form letter from "feedback" asking for more info, no info from them.

Not even the courtesy of an actual person like first.last@echostar.com like I had previously. I am seeing if the previous person/email I used is still there.

Still red on the guide.

:(

Did you try the ceo email? I said they were red. I currently get the sd and asked when they were going to activate the hd for alaska. I got back a form letter from "feedback" asking for more info, no info from them.

Not even the courtesy of an actual person like first.last@echostar.com like I had previously. I am seeing if the previous person/email I used is still there.

Still red on the guide.

:(

They're red on my guide also.

I sent a letter to "feedback" and got a response that didn't say anything.

The CSRs I talked to all said that it's not available in the Alaska HD package and they would not let me subscribe to the Essentials package.

I think we need to get enough customers from Alaska complaining and maybe they'll activate them for us. I'll be contacting them through voice and email on a regular basis until one of us gets tired and gives up.

They must have been waiting until they could lower the resolution just enough so that most people wouldn't complain. For some reason SciFi HD doesn't look as good to me overall as some of the other HD channels Dish carries. BSG looked kind of, for lack of a better word, noisy on my TV.

I'll second this. I'm definitely very happy that I've got BSG in HD now, but I'm not terribly impressed as far as good HD goes. Some of the darker scenes are very noisy.

"We do not see that SciFi or USA will be available in HD format in your area at this time."

:mad:

Still red in the guide.

A local dealer in my area with a contact at Dish got a negative response about getting these two. Not any time soon.

Another person with contacts at Dish had a more positive response. That was: If you subscribe to any HD package, have an MPEG4 box and can see 110 you should be able to get these two channels. I'm hoping this contact is correct.

I'm still calling Dish. The response tonight was: I should have it, but they're not sure why and a trouble ticket was opened. Not believing it, but she said I should have the channels within three days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)