Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

You have a wife that knows or cares about HD?

Hello....is this the "good ol' boys" club only? Believe it or not, there are many of us women that love electronic gadgets, video games, HD technology, etc...so try to come into the 21st century without the gender bias..:p:p

My "friend" claims that she doesn't notice the difference between vhs and HD sigh...
My wife definitely knows the difference. And she's asked, "Why are we paying Dish for so much for HD that is not HD?"

Good question.

My wife definitely knows the difference. And she's asked, "Why are we paying Dish for so much for HD that is not HD?"

Good question.

You can ask the same question for Direct TV and Cable as well its up to the networks to provide more programing in HD. I think next year we will see more HD Content from the Networks..

... its up to the networks to provide more programing in HD ...
True. But why is Dish charging us for it if it's not being delivered to us (for whatever reason)? A couple hundred to upgrade to a 722, and then $20 more per month for very limited HD. The locals, in the evenings, is about it. And locals aren't even included in that $20 HD fee. You have to pay extra on top of the $20 HD fee. Everything else is sporadically HD, and often times not even close to HD (it's SD stretch-o-vision).

You could blame it all on the networks, except that Dish is charging us for it. Dish and only Dish is to blame for charging money for something that is not being delivered.

She's jerking your chain or she has issues.

When I hooked up my Dish 6000 to our Pioneer Elite 510 seven years (and seven HDTVs) ago, my wife told me she couldn't tell the difference between HD and SD. Later she confessed that she just said that because she was mad that I climbed onto the roof to hook up the antenna while I had a cold, but had told her earlier that day that I was too sick to go with her to visit her annoying friends.

True. But why is Dish charging us for it if it's not being delivered to us (for whatever reason)? A couple hundred to upgrade to a 722, and then $20 more per month for very limited HD. The locals, in the evenings, is about it. And locals aren't even included in that $20 HD fee. You have to pay extra on top of the $20 HD fee. Everything else is sporadically HD, and often times not even close to HD (it's SD stretch-o-vision).

You could blame it all on the networks, except that Dish is charging us for it. Dish and only Dish is to blame for charging money for something that is not being delivered.

Not defending the $20 fee but....

It costs more to provide an HD channel than an SD one. If it makes you feel better don't think of it as a programming fee but a technology fee. You could also be unhappy with the manufacturer of your TV set, I'm sure they charged you substantially more than a standard def set would cost but they still sold it to you knowing the majority of programming isn't in HD yet. This is all the chicken and the egg thing, eventually things will all sort out. In the mean time if you don't think the programming is worth the fee, there is a simple solution, don't pay it!

NightRyder

I'm sure they charged you substantially more than a standard def set would cost but they still sold it to you knowing the majority of programming isn't in HD yet.
I guess. Thank goodness they don't keep charging me additional each month just for owning an HDTV. It was a one-time payment.

I'm not going to bellyache too loudly right now ... I'm still on my "six months free" of HD. I think I will be dropping it after those six months though. Just not enough compelling stuff to watch to justify the fee IMHO. We'll see how things have played out at the end of my six months.

Enough of my off topic stuff. This thread is supposed to be about SciFi channel in HD. I hope that gets here soon, and is real HD, not stretch-o-vision!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)