SCIFI-HD? When in Boston?

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
Hi

We have everything else everyone is mentioning.

I called Comcast, their rep said 50 more HD by end of 2008, so thake that with a grain of salt.

I want SCIFI-HD. That is the only one we do not yet have that other comcast people have.

That would be cool but I'm waiting for The Weather Channel in HD. The weather at the 8s in HD sounds cool. Have you notice the new sound effects?

Seriously, I am looking forward to TWC in HD but I would like more HBO HD channels as well.

JL

More HD would be great, but I was watching WCAU (NBC-HD) out of Philly during Sunday Night Football and it was pixelated to all hell... I'm just hoping that everything doesn't get degraded as they keep adding more.

Sometimes I think that the channels (NBC, ABC, etc) are still working things out. Whenever I watch NBC-HD at primetime (out of Boston), the commercials have an echo. It happens both on Comcast and OTA. You don't notice the echo during the programming too much but the commercials are horrible.

Sometimes I think that the channels (NBC, ABC, etc) are still working things out. Whenever I watch NBC-HD at primetime (out of Boston), the commercials have an echo. It happens both on Comcast and OTA. You don't notice the echo during the programming too much but the commercials are horrible.

Pay close attention to the content of those commercials.. are they national brands or could it perhaps be local advertising inserts by the local network affiliate?

I suspect it's the local channel doing inserts since you're seeing the same on both cable and OTA.

Didn't think of that. I'll pay more attention which is which. Thanks for the suggestion. The Boston NBC still hasn't went all the way with HD. The local ABC News is now in HD. Kinda cool. Wish the Manchester NH ABC would go. More local for my area. Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)