Scorpion

When you make a show about geniuses solving unsolvable problems, perhaps the person writing it should refrain from idiotic cliches and content. I saw "Scorpion" last night and felt as if I'd been stung by one! The story HURT! It was bad... Oh, so bad! So implausible. The plot device solvable by so many other, less idiotic means. So many ridiculous plot complications that after a while I was watching it more as a study in mind-numbingly stupid mischaraterizations and blatantly wrong use of terminology and technology than a real mystery/action show. My was this BAD. I can't remember the last time I was watching a show and halfway through would ask myself, "Why am I watching this?" It was a train wreck!

I like the premise. But the story needs to be WAY more intelligent to make me believe this is a show about geniuses.

Reactions: Foxbat
I tried not to draw a comparison to Numb3rs because I had the same problem with that show. Super-intelligent person solving crimes in the most idiotic ways possible. At least for the first few episodes before I stopped watching.

I'll give Scorpion two more episodes to round out my normal three episode audition. But if they use a Ferrari to connect a lan cable to a plane flying 8 feet over a runway at 200 mph, I will want to punch somebody.

Reactions: lfp302
I tried not to draw a comparison to Numb3rs because I had the same problem with that show. Super-intelligent person solving crimes in the most idiotic ways possible. At least for the first few episodes before I stopped watching.

I'll give Scorpion two more episodes to round out my normal three episode audition. But if they use a Ferrari to connect a lan cable to a plane flying 8 feet over a runway at 200 mph, I will want to punch somebody.
How many planes would have a 50' cable to drop, what would the slipstream do to that dangling light weight cable?

The Katherine McPhee character is what made me think of the Big Bang Theory. The show is supposed to be based on real events,so maybe a plane really did fly 8 feet above the ground while a Ferrari drove at 200mph trying to catch a lan cable to hook up to a laptop. CNN,Fox News,& MSNBC just chose not to cover it that day.;)

They said they could not maintain a wireless link to the plane in the tower because it passed by too fast. So, if they were in the car keeping up with the plane, why did they need to use an ethernet cable?

They said they could not maintain a wireless link to the plane in the tower because it passed by too fast. So, if they were in the car keeping up with the plane, why did they need to use an ethernet cable?
Because it was more secure? Because in this day & age you have to worry about identity theft,maybe if they had Lifelock........

I think rhose of us on this board say SCORPION is a short lived series. But what about the geek factor, anything is possible with computers.

I also anticipate soon cancellation, but that´s a good point, could some geeks somehow hack the system and rig the ratings for the next episode ? Just a thought :rolleyes:

They said they could not maintain a wireless link to the plane in the tower because it passed by too fast.
No, no, no... not because it went by too fast. The reason he gave was because of the "speed differential". I had no idea that airplanes could travel at relativistic speeds to cause a speed differential large enough to affect a signal traveling at the speed of light!

[EPISODE][SHOWTITLE]Scorpion[/SHOWTITLE]
[EPISODEPOSTER]
no-poster.png
[/EPISODEPOSTER][EPISODEDATA][EPISODENAME]Single Point of Failure[/EPISODENAME]
Season: [SEASON]1[/SEASON]
Episode: [EPISODENUM]2[/EPISODENUM]
Air Date: [EPISODEDATE]2014-09-29[/EPISODEDATE]

[/EPISODEDATA][EPISODEVIEW][EPISODEDES]The team is called upon by the governor when a virus leaves his daughter with only 24 hours to live; Walter receives a letter about his sister.[/EPISODEDES][/EPISODEVIEW][/EPISODE]

Me too...let's just say I was disappointed. I'll give a few more episodes before deciding whether I'll keep recording/watching this one.

I know it was supposed to have been full of suspense and and all that.
What I found most thrilling was the scenes with the waitress driving and the car crash.
I have the hunch, this show won´t live long. On the good side I can say it´s family friendly, no sex, no violence.
Maybe I´ll watch another episode, but no promises.

Ummm...well, this one so unbelievable that no amount of suspending disbelief could help. I equate watching this episode to playing low-budget Jeopardy. Although you may win, you come-away with so little that it wasn't worth the time you invested playing or, in this case, watching.

I read Tony's comment and this morning your comment. I have to agree with you both. This one is a waste. How can they say that it is based on a true story since the story itself is beyond believe and laughable. Why Is This Story So Far From Today's reality? One would think that if a team like this existed today it could have solved most of the problems today. Here it is what is going to happen in this show and I am not one of them. Walter is going to fall in love with the waitress. Her kid is going to be one of the team. They seem to focus more on him than in the problem or crisis they were facing. I am not a genius but I can tell you that you will be string along in crappie stories and non factual solutions made by the team. I laughed when they were able to download the software, uninstall it and then install it in the system in less than a minute. Everyone who has worked with systems like this know that it does not work like this. The entire plane/ferrari scene was so bad that I almost turned it off at that point but continued any way to see the end of it. It is beyond me that they had what it looked like an ethernet cable and was immediately able to connect the laptop. They had on that plane an internal router and when the laptop connected within micro seconds it was able to resolve the ip. If people are watching these type of crap tv, it tells that as a whole we like to watch non factual and stupidity on tv.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)