Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well today was the big day for the start of Opie and Anthony on XM, and if future shows are like todays they won't last on satellite radio too long.

I was anxiously waiting for their show to start this morning, I even got up early to tune in. After an long musical opening there they were Opie and Anthony the shock jocks who were banned from the airwaves the past 2 years as they waiting for their infinity radio contract to expire after a radio contest got fired.

They came into todays show TOTALLY unprepaired, they had NOTHING to talk about and only ONE sound effect to play, during the entire show they kept commenting on how much todays shows SUCKED.

The audio levels for everyones mics were off, it was also hard to hear the callers, and it got tiring to hear the F Bomb being dropped by the callers.

Most of the time they were also mentioning they did not know how to use any of the equipment in front of them, I find it hard to believe they did not have a rehersal show or two (actually I CAN believe it after hearing todays show)

You would think with 2 years off they would have rebuilt their sound effect library, but instead they had one annoying sound effect they kept playing throughout the show, and that was a effect of Arnold Schwarzeneger saying "Dillion" and they kept on saying that they were starting from scratch. I believe that prep should have been done already.

They didn't even have anything to talk about, they kept joking that they had nothing to talk about. The funniest parts of the show today is when they went to break and played George Carlon bits instead of playing commercials (yes folks this PREMIUM channel will soon have commercials)

XM may be giving people who signed up for O&A a month of the show for FREE if they subscribed in September, but will a month be enough time to pull this pile of junk together.

If you have never heard O&A before, maybe you want to wait a few months until they get their crap together and get back in the grove.

I have to say as a huge O and A fan and someone who got XM just for them I was a little disappointed in todays show and I got up early as well to listen to the beginning. They kept kind of hinting at Infinity saying they owned all the old sound effects. The biggest question I have is this deal has been signed for a few months now. They said they just started turning the franks place studio in to theirs like 2 days ago and there were still people in there working while the show was going on.

Since I know from past experience that these guys are funny I'm not ready to give up yet.

I am not ready to subscribe since I only have a 5 minute commute to work but I heard them Friday night for they Ungagged show on 150 and they seemed pretty funny and ready to come back. Kind of surprising they were not more prepared with all the buildup.

Minthor, you pointed out exactly what I was trying to say. Why the wait to the last day to get ready? They could of at least had the studio and the sound effects ready by now.

I know O&A can be a lot better, but today was not a moment of glory for them.

I just got my wife a skyfi with the O and A deal and it came with a WOW sticker. She said I could have it though :cool:

Well what a difference week makes. After a week O&A have gotten their stuff together and are now putting on a much better show. Of course I feel that the show is BEST when Jim Norton is on, when he is not there the show is a lot less funny.

The big problem is still the audio levels,, everyone mics are at different levels, and when they play the comedian bits the sound is so loud I must rush to turn down the volume on my radio.

You can listen to O&A on XM for FREE for Three Days at http://listen.xmradio.com

I agree Scott, this week I am starting to get my moneys worth.

Last week, I was wondering why in the world did I sign up.

Just for some unknown reason I feel the need to post back to these randomness complaints about the first week....Doesn't anyone remember the beginning days at wNEW and even some of the stuff from AIF was this way.

As you listen, you realize why you like it more than other talk, they flow, they talk, its like having 3 guys with you in the car or home or office or in your head. errr. so, for new listeners, its gotts be rough, but for someone like myself, its just nice listening to a talk radio show with flow, now I am a rhyming moron so I am punching out.

PhuckNut said:
Just for some unknown reason I feel the need to post back to these randomness complaints about the first week....Doesn't anyone remember the beginning days at wNEW and even some of the stuff from AIF was this way.

As you listen, you realize why you like it more than other talk, they flow, they talk, its like having 3 guys with you in the car or home or office or in your head. errr. so, for new listeners, its gotts be rough, but for someone like myself, its just nice listening to a talk radio show with flow, now I am a rhyming moron so I am punching out.

well done...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)