Scott's Crystal Ball Prdictions (A PLEA TO DISH NETWORK)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
February 1st is coming up. And as Scott looks in his crystal ball he see a lot of unhappy folks.

I am getting word through the grapevine that the 622 is being delayed and while the 622 will get released this week they will only release a handfull of units (mainly so they can say they are indeed shipping)

My Crystal ball shows me that SatelliteGuys members will be calling Dish Network on the first of February and will be ordering new MPEG4 equipment however they will be upset that they might get install dates in March and April.

Because my crystal ball shows these issues I MUST publiclly issue a plea to Dish Network.

On February 1st allow ALL your current HD customer to subscribe to the new HD packages.

Since we all KNOW that the channels up there are in MPEG2 anyways why not make them available to everyone who wants them NOW (and wants to pay for them) with the caviot added that when the customer signs up they are told that the new channels will go away on July 15th, unless they upgrade their equipment to MPEG4 by that time.

This is a LOGICAL idea because of the following reasons.

1) The MPEG4 Equipment customers want is not available or in short supply.

2) The customer can subscribe now giving additional revenue to Dish Network (And more revenue makes share holders HAPPY)

3) The signals are up there in MPEG2 however have a MPEG4 header so only MPEG4 receivers can tune into these channels, since they are up there let the people see them especially since they want to pay for them.

Dish needs to understand that by doing this they are not only doing right for their customers, but for their bottom line as well, and as a publicly held company the bottom line is what matters most.

Last edited:
Well put Scott.

Even though I don't plan on adding any of the new HD programming, Dish should do the right thing and make it available to those that want it (MPEG-2).

NightRyder

Is there a way to make this a petition ?
Never mind, that would probably take too long at his point.
Way to go Scott and thanks.

Like what can happen to anyone, Dish got caught with a little "dirty laundry" hanging on the line. It doesn't have to be a big deal if they handle it properly and now do what's right.

waltinvt said:
Is there a way to make this a petition ?
Never mind, that would probably take too long at his point.
Way to go Scott and thanks.

Like what can happen to anyone, Dish got caught with a little "dirty laundry" hanging on the line. It doesn't have to be a big deal if they handle it properly and now do what's right.

Agree, Walt. And while they are busy making things right, they should authorize HD distants for those living in "white" areas or with waivers. That also would be the right (and FCC-approved) thing to do. It would go a long way toward improving HD customer relations.

Well stated Scott. We are all behind you on this. Let's just hope Dish does the right thing!

I was just reading over at the place with the rainbow logo one of their staff once again take a lame shot by posting this...

I wish I could tell you just how far out of tune it is singing.
biggrin.gif

Me thinks that someone is ticked at Dish Network and is starting rumors (if you're hearing this from other sources).

First and formost it was not us who reported this.. Secondly, our relationship with Dish Network has never been better, thats all I can say about that for the moment. (But what can we expect from a site that labels all their forums as their own OFFICIAL forums) :D

Here is where it was origionally posted...

"Direct from the horses mouth:

Dish Network has had to send back severla thousuand ViP622's beacuse of a chip defect.

Look for ViP622's to be available toward the end of February."

Here is the thread:
http://www.highdefforum.com/showthread.php?t=18051

BTW also on the same site the same idiot was upset about the above being posted and said the following...

Real emails from E* HQ of that nature would be confidential, Jim, and I hope that you would not use this forum to breach confidentiality. Thanks.

Our policy is if it is leaked and is newsworthy then it will be reported, it is not up to us to decide what is confidential and what is not, it is up to Dish (or any company) to work to prevent internal information from getting out.

We can not act like the other site and when information comes out and is put before the public to pretend that it never happened. To steal a motto from Fox News, we report and you decide.

An educated consumer makes better decissions.

(and I don't even know if that information is valid)

I think this is a great plan. It would allow me to watch the new channels while I wait for FiOS-TV to rollout in my area (should eb end of February).

I don't think stealing motto's from Fox News is a good idea, eugh...

And how about you just leave them alone and let them only report and sticky offical press releases and news stories, it's not hurting you...

rdinkel said:
Agree, Walt. And while they are busy making things right, they should authorize HD distants for those living in "white" areas or with waivers. That also would be the right (and FCC-approved) thing to do. It would go a long way toward improving HD customer relations.

I agree but there are not that many others in this group that care enough about it. In fact some will accuse you of "crying" about it or tell you to put up an antenna. Anyway, that's all probably something better off in another thread and keep this one dedicated to getting Dish to do the right thing on this "new HD, MPEG2/4" issue.

BFG said:
how about you just leave them alone and let them only report and sticky offical press releases and news stories, it's not hurting you...
If we waited for official dishnet reports wen would have heard nothing of mpeg4 yet, on Jan 9th some vague bs swapout plans announced its now the 30th and their csr's still have no idea what mpeg4 is.
The president of company makes announcement on Jan 9th and his workers still know nothing of what their founder said.

Seems to me someone has to report all the crap dish is trying to slide by its customers

might as well be us at this site

THIS COMPANY IS POSSIBLY MORE MISS-MANAGED THAN ENRON

Scott as always your doing a bangup job keep it up

waltinvt said:
I agree but there are not that many others in this group that care enough about it. In fact some will accuse you of "crying" about it or tell you to put up an antenna. ...
No Walt, people will just accuse you of hijackiing every thread with your complaint.

mdonnelly said:
No Walt, people will just accuse you of hijackiing every thread with your complaint.
Excuse me?
I was actually trying to get that issue off this thread.

Maybe I don't understand what "hijacking a thread" means. Can you please provide me a few specific examples where I've done that.

While my opinions may not be the same as others within a given thread, I always thought they were relevant to that thread.

Now, I will admit that this response is less relevant to the thread and more to your accusation, so I apologize in advance.

Does anyone know what kind of concessions E* is going to make to customers with 811's. I was over at a friends house yesterday helping him get his antenna pointed so he can get the Superbowl in HD. He just had E* installed shortly after X-mas. (It was a present from his wife.) He has a 625 and an 811. He was telling me about how he liked ESPN-HD and I told him ESPN2-HD was coming to E*, but he would need a new receiver. He was about half pi**ed sincehe just got the 811.

Any idea what E* is going to do about this. Keeping them in MPEG-2 for while is a start.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts