Scott's Mini Hopper 3 Review

Is the management of recordings better on the new carbon interface?

Let's say you had 1000 recordings between your kids, wife, etc. Would it be easy to organize it all?

It's terrible on the hopper 1 with the old interface when you have so many recordings. It will only get worse going from 2 hoppers down to one hopper 3 unless the new interface is improved.

Is the management of recordings better on the new carbon interface?

Let's say you had 1000 recordings between your kids, wife, etc. Would it be easy to organize it all?

It's terrible on the hopper 1 with the old interface when you have so many recordings.

I will be honest and say its about the same now, however with the Hopper 3 you can have unlimited folders. If you were a new customer it would be easier to set things up as your starting with a blank slate, but i your moving over it can be some work.

Scott, did they do anything about user configurable nightly update times? Watching on a WJ I'm having to put up with 2 interruptions in less than an hour with no way to stop it & would really like to find a way around that. May have to reconfigure where my new equipment will be if they (again) ignored that much asked for feature. Thanks for all the info!

Nope no configurable nightly update times.

I do hope in the future they address that. with 16 tuners it should be able to download guide updates, new apps etc without having to shut everything down first.

Reactions: Foxbat and ROLLTIDE
Any idea if Netflix will still be disabled? I'm currently using Carbon on my HwS and Netflix was added back in to the apps menu with the latest updated. Perhaps this got it going with the Hopper 3 as well?

Thanks!

So it 16 tuners + 1 PTAT Channel (local network affiliates 4 Recording)
No, it is 16 tuners including one of them as PTAT, if enabled. If you have an OTA adapter you get one more tuner. If you have PTAT enabled and an OTA adapter you actually can get 20 channels at the same time.

No, it is 16 tuners including one of them as PTAT, if enabled. If you have an OTA adapter you get one more tuner. If you have PTAT enabled and an OTA adapter you actually can get 20 channels at the same time.
That odd the screenshot saying 17 tuner with PTAT being on Tuner 17 it even showing in TV Activity list of 17 tuners in use

Last edited:
Any idea if Netflix will still be disabled? I'm currently using Carbon on my HwS and Netflix was added back in to the apps menu with the latest updated. Perhaps this got it going with the Hopper 3 as well?
It is disabled on the Hopper 3 but should be available around February 11th. However Netflix works on the Joeys still. :)

Reactions: danknapp76
That's because Scott has his OTA connected.
That's one more tuner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Ok I though read some where that it had 21 recording
So the like this
15 Reg Tuner for recording 1 to 15
1 PTAT Tuner for recording 16 to 19 for the local network affiliates 4 Recording
1 USB OTA adapter for recording 20

So the like this
1 PTAT Tuner for recording 16 to 19 for the local network affiliates 4 Recording

16 Regular tuners. One of them can be optionally used for PTAT, but it can also be used as a regular tuner if you don't watch much tv on the broadcast networks. Your choice.

So the like this

You might want to read the review again. It says 20. ;)

Scott - how to we display HD channels subscribed in the guide no the hopper 3? I don't see this option anymore?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts