Please reply by conversation.

larry55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 15, 2009
dothan al
DIRECTV ANNOUNCE IN THEIR EARNINGS REPORT THAT IT WILL NOT BE CARRY THE SEC CHANNEL.I'M NOT UNDER CONTRACT WITH D AND THAT BE THE CASE I BE MOVING ON. I WAIT TILL AUGUST TO MAKE SURE.

Reactions: rkr0923
This will not make me happy. So we get the crap Big Ten but not SEC or PAC-10. How do they maintain the sports leader claim?!?!??

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If DirecTV doesn't carry SEC Network they will lose customers and manbe me and they should not call themselves the leader in sports!!! :)

Before people have a fit (too late?) only Uverse has actually signed to carry it. DISH has made a commitment but until the ESPN/Disney contract is signed they are not officially carrying it. Maybe unlikely, but at this moment it is possible only Uverse will carry it, perhaps DISH.

I be willing to a 1.25 a month for the sec channel. Maybe D trying to getting a upper hand in talk with sec by putting this out I certain hope so.

Good for Directv.

Sports channel costs are rising and you've already seen this happening you will see more of this happening. People can moan that they will lose all their customers, but it hasn't happened yet with carriage disputes. Some will leave, but most don't really care anymore. A channel may have 10 million viewers for a few high profile events but the majority of the time their ratings are average at best because of all the channel fragmentation. Millions of viewers spread out over a dozen providers doesn't really impact any one provider that much.

I think the only reason Dish has apparently committed to carrying it is because of the current contract negotiations for the Disney owned nets. I'm sure it will come up when Directv's contract with Disney is up. Disney would have been better off rebranding an existing channel like espnews or espnclassic as the sec network and getting it carried under existing contracts first.

From what I've read a canned email response got out to a sports writer and the thing went viral.
I want the SEC Network more than anyone. I would not press the panic button just yet. Negotiations are about leverage at this point.
As of now Directv has time and ESPN has the channel.

THIS ONE TIME D BETTER BE LISTENING TO THEIR CUSTOMERS.

I'm not seeing a big deal here. The SEC channel will not be taking programming from ESPN or the nets, so no one will be missing any important games.
My thinking is SEC will be showing the same stuff the Big 10 is showing. Such as women's sports and other non revenue sports. The stuff directed at niche viewers.
I get all the SEC football and basketball I need. I don't want to pay for a channel I may never watch. Have enough of those already.

THIS ONE TIME D BETTER BE LISTENING TO THEIR CUSTOMERS.
Which ones? Those who really really want SEC or those who don't and prefer not to pay for it?
let me clarify..I watch as much SEC football and hoops as they will throw at me. IMO The SEC is the best football conference.
That's why it has tv contracts with major nets and cable channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts