SEC Network Launches August 14 Channel 611

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just my theory, but I can see Directv waiting until a week before SEC Network goes live to make any announcement. I think the execs know they have until around August 10th before customers start getting really mad and anxious, so why not stretch negotiations out a bit longer to see if they can't get a better deal. I honestly don't expect Directv to make any announcement until around August 7th.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
You'll see plenty of sec football regardless of whether they get it or not.
Yep. Local stations, CBS, ESPN, Fox Sports Net....etc

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yep. Local stations, CBS, ESPN, Fox Sports Net....etc

After this season I don't think there will be that many if any sec football or basketball games on the fox sports net channels. There might not be that many this season I think those games will go to the sec network. I believe the coaches shows that usually air on fox sports net will be on the sec network also. Those games that use to air on your local stations at about 12 will be sec network games now, there will be no more ppv games either.

Someone on one of the sec message boards said a installer told him that DirecTV is negotiating for the exclusive rights for the college football playoffs there's no way that's true. He must have misunderstood what he was told.

Someone on one of the sec message boards said a installer told him that DirecTV is negotiating for the exclusive rights for the college football playoffs there's no way that's true. He must have misunderstood what he was told.
There is no way that would be true. A single network getting the rights to it (ESPN), sure.
A single provider?
Never happen.

There is no way that would be true. A single network getting the rights to it (ESPN), sure.
A single provider?
Never happen.
The installer might have been talking about Sunday ticket and the guy misunderstood him either that or the installer didn't know what he was talking about and just told the guy a bunch of bs.

Reactions: Ronnie-
The installer might have been talking about Sunday ticket and the guy misunderstood him either that or the installer didn't know what he was talking about and just told the guy a bunch of bs.
That's most likely it.

A single provider?
Never happen.
Why not it will be all SEC teams anyway. ;) :D

After this season I don't think there will be that many if any sec football or basketball games on the fox sports net channels. There might not be that many this season I think those games will go to the sec network. I believe the coaches shows that usually air on fox sports net will be on the sec network also. Those games that use to air on your local stations at about 12 will be sec network games now, there will be no more ppv games either.

There will be no SEC football games on fox sports this season.
Not sure about basketball.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

There will be no SEC football games on fox sports this season.
Not sure about basketball.

I assume that the IMG Kentucky Network (seen for us on FSSO2 646-5) will no longer exist either. There were a few Kentucky basketball games there.

From todays DIRECTV Earnings call it was said that...
  • Discussions with Disney are going well. Rates have been agreed upon for a deal covering the SEC network.
Which backs up what I have been saying... its all down to signing the contract now... the deal is done.

https://twitter.com/JBFlint
DirecTV CEO Mike White says company has agreed on rates for ESPN's SEC Network and is optimistic it will launch it.

New to the forums I have Dish. Saw this and thought you guys would like it looks like Directv is going to have the SEC Network on launch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)