See the Tsunami as it Happens!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Larobpra

Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 13, 2008
North of "Upstate NY"
It is predicted the tsunami from the Japan quake will hit the west coast sometime between 7 & 830AM PST. Tune your dish to 103W, 11938 V 20000, for the cameras north and south of the pier at Huntington Beach, California to see it live

And keep those affected by it in your thoughts and prayers.

Larobpra,

I am glad that they have a time clock on the channel, I just tuned in and it shows 8:37 am PST, but I don't see anything but some vehicle driving down the beach.
Did a wave come ashore or were their predictions incorrect? Looks quite calm right now. Oh, so I see a helicopter up there now?

RADAR

I'm down at the beach house - stood out on the deck (45' elevation) and saw maybe 1 somewhat larger wave.

Small somewhat confused surf today, so hard to really tell.

I'm down at the beach house - stood out on the deck (45' elevation) and saw maybe 1 somewhat larger wave.

Small somewhat confused surf today, so hard to really tell.

Right now in Baja we have low tide so its not gonna be noticeable, but in a few hours when the tide comes back to its normal place, then we'll begin to see the effects on the coast (1 to 2 meters above the norm), specially in zones where there's sand, like in Rosarito and Playas de Tijuana. In Ensenada we have the luck of having big mountains near the coast so it's harder for a tsunami to penetrate and do damage in the city, the only place that could be relatively more vulnerable its called "el estero beach", but there's an undersea canyon with more than 500 meters of depth (runs in between Punta Banda and the Todos Santos island, where there are waves of 10 or more meters in a regular basis).

Right now in Baja we have low tide so its not gonna be noticeable, but in a few hours when the tide comes back to its normal place, then we'll begin to see the effects on the coast (1 to 2 meters above the norm), specially in zones where there's sand, like in Rosarito and Playas de Tijuana. In Ensenada we have the luck of having big mountains near the coast so it's harder for a tsunami to penetrate and do damage in the city, the only place that could be relatively more vulnerable its called "el estero beach", but there's an undersea canyon with more than 500 meters of depth (runs in between Punta Banda and the Todos Santos island, where there are waves of 10 or more meters in a regular basis).

Agreed - and the tide was pretty low this morning when the waves were due. High tide in about 3 hours here just south of Rosarito Beach.

I'm familiar with Estero and it is one of the last places I'd want to be in a tsunami!

It is predicted the tsunami from the Japan quake will hit the west coast sometime between 7 & 830AM PST. Tune your dish to 103W, 11938 V 20000, for the cameras north and south of the pier at Huntington Beach, California to see it live

And keep those affected by it in your thoughts and prayers.

I have seen it later in the news. Its horrible. I have a relative living in Tokyo and he is alright.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts