SES 1 Difficulties, Expert Help Appreciated

Status
Please reply by conversation.

richyriles

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
NY
Just my luck, but when I tried to turn my dish to 101W to get SES 1, using W4, I ended up near G1. My guess is some previous Technician had changed the settings on my Motorola 922. For years, I never went near the equipment, just relying on a service guy to do the job. These days there no reliable technicians out in my area, and money is a lot tighter for me, so I'm hoping to do the job myself. My manual is long gone, so I am at a loss in what to do. If someone can give me a nice, slow step by step to reprogram W4, and get me peaked on 101W, I'd appreciate it. Remember, I am not anywhere as advanced as you guys, so please go slow. If someone wants to call me, I'm at 631-643-****. Also, I'm using the 4DTV as a dish mover only, so there is no coax hooked up to the receiver. My coaxes are connected to Coolsat 8000's. I was hoping to use the meters on the Coolsat to peak 101W. Hope someone can help.

Richyriles

Last edited by a moderator:
Just my luck, but when I tried to turn my dish to 101W to get SES 1, using W4, I ended up near G1. My guess is some previous Technician had changed the settings on my Motorola 922. For years, I never went near the equipment, just relying on a service guy to do the job. These days there no reliable technicians out in my area, and money is a lot tighter for me, so I'm hoping to do the job myself. My manual is long gone, so I am at a loss in what to do. If someone can give me a nice, slow step by step to reprogram W4, and get me peaked on 101W, I'd appreciate it. Remember, I am not anywhere as advanced as you guys, so please go slow. If someone wants to call me, I'm at 631-643-****. Also, I'm using the 4DTV as a dish mover only, so there is no coax hooked up to the receiver. My coaxes are connected to Coolsat 8000's. I was hoping to use the meters on the Coolsat to peak 101W. Hope someone can help.

Richyriles

I'm not familiar with the Coolsat 8000, but you should be able to get into the transponders listing, then highlight a known signal, Connect your 922 to a another video source via Svid or Composite. You won't need to hook the RG6 from the lnb into the 922. Once you get a screen, hit Options 6-4-4 on the 922 remote. This should bring you to the sat program screen. Find W4 in the tiles, select it, then choose program sat. On the remote press the arrow key that allows you to move east. If your Coolsat 8000 is anything like the OpenBox S9, once it sees a signal, even tho the dish is traveling, a lock light will light up on the front panel. Once that happens that should mean you've found 101W. Now use the 922 to peak that signal, which might mean going east or west a cpl of clicks. Once the signal is peaked, then save that position in the 922. It will ask, do you want to reprogram the sat location? Choose yes, since it's obviously stored at the wrong location if the dish moved all the way to G1. But also make sure you have your east limits set first, so you don't go too far east with the dish, and your dish ends up beyond your actuators limits, thus leaving it standing pretty much straight up and down.

Last edited by a moderator:
IF any one wants to call the OP pm him or me for his phone number. I took your number out, so no strange people spam it.;)

Got it going on SES1, and it looks to be a strong enough signal for ME & This. Thanks for your help.

Richyriles

Follow Highskies instructions and you shouldn't have any problems getting SES1. They are the same as I was going to give you. If you have problems, let us know. We will get you fixed up.

THanks for the help, it is really appreciated. With your help, I got the Old Dish peaked on SES 1, nice and strong signal on Me, and This. I'm looping Coolsat HD's, and the signal is strong enough to go from receiver to receiver. I'm thrilled it's working fine.

Thanks,
Richyriles

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)