Setting up my visionsat

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks iceberg.
The skew and elevation is also slightly different, Elevation is exactly 2 degrees higher for 97W, and skew is 3 degrees counter clockwise. I assume these will also help.

PS: Does it matter if I have older firmware in the visionsat? Should I upgrade it to what Satellite AV provided here? If it makes no difference on scan results / settings, I would rather catch the satellite first, then upgrade if it is OK?

H/W Version S1000 1.00
Driver Version API 1.00
Application Version NORW V1.15
Data Version FDU v1.1

Last edited:
I would upgrade to the newest...there were some bugs in the older software

takes all of 2 minutes to do

OK, I will upgrade tomorrow.

The manual on sat finder says I should disconnect/power down receiver before hooking up the sat finder to LNB.. :eek: I actually did not do it and I just removed the LNB coax and put sat finder in between LNB & RCVR while the receiver was on. I hope this did not damage anything.
ashamed0005.gif

Never do it when a diseqc switch is installed. They will blow every time you try to connect/disconnect with the receiver powered on. A SW 22 or any dishnet legacy switches won't but beware the diseqc's. Simple rule is to always turn the power off with the rear switch to the STB to protect any switches. I forgot twice and blew a diseqc each time.

I have no switch in between, in fact it was one question I asked recently, if I needed the splitter/switch with single LNB, single receiver. I got the answer pretty quickly.
They sell small 9V adapters so you don't need the power from the receiver, but who needs that really, you still need to have Coax going there, you might as well use the connection.. :)

Honestly I was worried about this, today the weather here was terrible, completely cloudy, drizzle all day long, I turned on my visionsat and I still had great picture. :) I am just waiting for weather to get better so I can get back on the roof and tilt this baby.

H/W Version S1000 1.00
Driver Version API 1.00
Application Version NORW V1.15
Data Version FDU v1.1

At first it did not auto detect the USB drive or the firmware in it. Manually did it, now it is:

Loader Version L 1.01
H/W Version S1000 1.00
Application Version NORW V1.20
Driver Version API 1.00
Data Version FDU v1.1

I actually used that... (MD5: 22ab3449078401bbd425decd123255df) But I used non card reader file.

Ird-ivisionsat-iv200-fs1000pvr-2008Feb14-ver120.ird

I believe you are referring to:

IV200MX-v145-20080215.ird

I asked so many questions before, I did not want to ask another one regarding above those, so I went by your post HERE and used the first one. My next project will be to see if I can use card to access some pay channels by subscribing them. In that case, should I use the 2nd one?

I also found THIS TOPIC which was also helpful.

=========================

Update:
I was up in the roof today, moving the dish in millimetric increments... Was on the phone with my wife and by the time visionsat refreshed the quality meter I had already moved it, during that time it had spiked to 60 and back down.. Anyway, after about 45 minutes fiddling and finally giving up and getting my sat finder, I was finally able to lock to G19.

Next step is to sort the channels and also find a way to delete the channels left over from AMC2/4, and also skip $ channels.

Just want to say thank you all for you patience and assistance. You all deserve a big medal for being so helpful. :up

Question: I am not sure if Visionsat is missing any TP's, in that case can I just go by this list: http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistKuBandUS.html and add those that I am missing and search again, or should Blind Search have found them?

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5278/img00120.jpg
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/3528/dishview2.jpg
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9374/dishview.jpg
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/1838/signalstrengthoverall.jpg
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4711/signalstrength.jpg
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3668/trtturkmay2009.jpg

Attachments

• DISH VIEW.jpg
    DISH VIEW.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 97
  • DISH VIEW 2.jpg
    DISH VIEW 2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG00120.jpg
    IMG00120.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 83
  • SIGNAL STRENGTH OVERALL.jpg
    SIGNAL STRENGTH OVERALL.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 98
  • SIGNAL STRENGTH.jpg
    SIGNAL STRENGTH.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 102
  • TRT_TURK_MAY2009.jpg
    TRT_TURK_MAY2009.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 115
The visionsat should have many of them. Blind search should find the rest. You can add them manually. If you have trouble picking up some tps then try tuning in that tp and while all bolts are tight lean on each side of the dish, top, bottom, side and side. Note if leaning on any of the directions improves the quality of the tp. If so, make a very, very small adjustment to the dish. Only loosen the bolts a smidge, and be very careful when moving. Repeat this until you can't improve any more.

This is where you really need the tv and receiver on the roof. It is considerably more effective and less frustrating for everyone involved than involving the wife and a phone. I bought a tiny tv for $5 off craigslist just for this purpose.

to see if the transponders match up

channel search
scroll to manual
match them up

To add the globecast transponders is actually easy. This is one of the few times network scan works

search mode-manual
frequency-pick one that is a globecast transponder. I'll list them at the end
search type-free
network search-ON...make sure this is set to on this one time. Normally it would be set to off

hit OK to scan. It will log all the globecast transponders even the ones that arent already in the receiver. You will have to manually add the rest but at least the globecast ones are added

11789 V
11867 V
11874 H
11991 V
12000 H
12053 V
12084 V
12146 V
12152 H

any of these will work

Next step is to sort the channels and also find a way to delete the channels left over from AMC2/4, and also skip $ channels.

to sort or delete

channel list manager

to delete....green button and select the channels you want to delete with the OK button. They move to the right side column and then when they are selected, press green button and that will delete the channels

to move its the red button. It gives an option of moving them around

Thanks avg1joe, I got the TPs I wanted the most, 11966 and 12084. If I miss any and if the channels on that transponder is nothing worth messing with dish over, I will just let them go. Honestly there are a lot of channels as it is now. But I will still match them up like iceberg suggested.

I will play around channel settings, I tried to move channels, even though they move on the list they don't move on the guide or channel change menu. Strange. Also when I change channels, some channels don't show. I am sure I messed with some settings like Satellite select or something.. The old channels are all 30,50,60.. new ones begin at 3000... :) There is no 1,2,3,4,5.. :)

So, should I upgrade to IV200MX-v145-20080215.ird or use 1.20?

The stuff on 97W logs the channels weird for some reason. I know on a Globecast recever (if you did subscribe to them) logs the channels as 100-999

I was able to change the channels order, it was pretty easy since Visionsat gives you option to list them by Number, Name, Transponder or Free order.. I forgot what it calls the free order but in that sort method it follows the way channels are sorted in the menu. :) Very nice feature.

I will check the transponders later after matching what I have. If I add new transponders and scan for channels, will that change the order I have set or will it add duplicate channels?

Rather than deleting channels I always skipped them instead. If you delete them and then scan again (to see if there is anything new) you will have to delete them again. If you skip them instead then they are already noted as being skipped if you scan and I believe they stay skipped.

Thanks avg1joe, actually using visionsat I filtered them. Now I have two favorites, so "All Channels" lists everything "Free Channels" shows all channels without [$] next to them and "My Favorites" showing those that I watch all the time, plus "My Favorites" also limits the channels to those only, so if you have 5 channels, it only scrolls through those 5, how can you go wrong! :) This is a great feature if you have elderly in the house changing through 300 channels and forgetting which one it was that they were supposed to watch. Favorites works great in Visionsat. I love it.

So after I add new transponders manually and scan again, will this cause duplicate channels? I think my OCD kicks in with these stuff...

PS:
These sites are pretty helpful:
Math Explorer: How High? Making Your Inclinometers and SatLex Digital :: Technology :: Calculators :: AZ/EL Calculator

Status
Please reply by conversation.

i need some help please..

Need a Bit of Help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)