Setup/USALS Issue?

Thanks for the great news! Today, I learned something new about the microHD! It resets USALS motors!

We used to keep a Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra on the bench just to reset Stab motors when we provided STAB North American warranty center services.

Just to confirm, the microHD is controlling the STAB HH90 very well now. Whatever issues it was having seemed to have been cured by the motor reset.

I had misunderstood what you said earlier, thought you meant that if the Go To Reference command sent it to zero there was no problem, but if I had to do it manually THEN I needed to do a motor reset. And even if I had opened my eyes and seen that Recalculate button I never would have attempted using it, just assumed it was for Diseqc only.

Also, FYI, I hooked it to an older SG2100/3ABN 90cm and had no issues.

Another happy customer! :)

The STAB motors fully implement USALS protocol, which is a two way communication. SG2100 motors accept GoTo X commands which are generated by a USALS calculation, but do not fully implement the USALS protocol and only accept the commands without return communications.

The microHD is fully USALS compliant, so it stands to reason that the Recalculate function would work exactly as STAB describes when resetting their products.... :doh:

Been several years since I have serviced a STAB motor. Thank you for the refresher!!!

Well that was a short honeymoon, the random issues have returned and resetting the motor does not seem to clear them up. :(

This dish/motor combo (Fortec 90cm/STAB HH90/no switches) is attached to a post on my back porch, and the receiver is in a back bedroom. As soon as I get a chance I will move the receiver outside and hook it directly to the motor where I can watch it in realtime.

One thing I did notice one time when I entered a sat move command and walked to a window where I could see the dish...it was moving a couple degrees east...then west...then east again before it would stop, not sure how many times it had done that before I got to the window.

And as usual I switched the cables over to the Openbox S9 and it performs flawlessly, weird stuff. :confused:

I will also put the mHD on my SG2100 again, but I didn't have any issues with it before, just the STAB 90.

A Motor at the dish must be re-set for zero every time a new receiver is hooked to it; otherwise the new stb (microHD) will not know where it is positioning too; i.e. it only knows what it is told! If the microHD receiver is told to go to zero; and it does; then it knows zero now too; and can then be used in usals mode, after entering Geo-cache (GPS) reading.

If you own a Phillips SRU5107 universal learning remote

HDMI handshake problem when going into the Media Player menu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts