Status
Please reply by conversation.

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
Which would be the winner when used with a 90cm dish?

An older SG2100 was hard to beat, but in recent years the build quality has been unpredictable and cheap thin metal used for the bracket. Many different factories build a model generically named SG2100. Some are better than others, but you really don't know what you are buying.

The Stab HH90 is a quality product with solid performance history.

STAB HH90 receives my vote.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Yes go with STAB and don't even consider anything else.

This was a lot more money than the STAB HH120 but I wonder if it's worth the money.
Digiwave Rotor Sat HH120 Stab ($350)

This was a lot more money than the STAB HH120 but I wonder if it's worth the money.
Digiwave Rotor Sat HH120 Stab ($350)
Are you talking about these: Amazon product ASIN B00ACDEVDWIf so, that is a STAB HH120, manufactured by Stab Italia's Rotor Division in Italy. It can be purchased elsewhere for a lot less. Also, not sure why Digiwave is claiming it's theirs? As others have said though, the Stab HH90 is sufficient for your 90cm dish. :)

Ordered the HH90. I wonder if the SG2100 is repairable though. Would be good to have a spare around.

Reactions: FTA4PA
If it has the two buttons on the bottom front hold both in for about ten seconds and wait for the light to flash. It should reset it.

If it has the two buttons on the bottom front hold both in for about ten seconds and wait for the light to flash. It should reset it.

My SG2100 has a reset switch that requires something like a straightened paper clip to activate it. I've already tried the reset and it doesn't fix the motor. I'll have to take the antenna off so that I can take the motor off for inspection. Probably isn't worth replacing any defective parts though.

My SG2100 has a reset switch that requires something like a straightened paper clip to activate it. I've already tried the reset and it doesn't fix the motor. I'll have to take the antenna off so that I can take the motor off for inspection. Probably isn't worth replacing any defective parts though.
You won't know until you open it. Never hurts to give it at least a once over.

Reactions: Lone Gunman
The reset button on my SG2100 corroded and shorted out, removed it from the circuit board and it works fine now. The plastic/rubber buttons degrade from ozone, UV, etc, then let the moisture in. Best to cover them with good electrical tape or something similar.

Agree with Cham, same thing happened to the rubber buttons on my SG 2100, they split and cracked and just a hole was left. If I remember the Stab 90 has no buttons on the outside to turn it. Kinda' like that feature though. No reset switch either, correct me if wrong. Should go outside and look at it once in a while hi hi;

spongella is right, there are no buttons on the HH90. I've had one for 8 years and it has never needed a reset. I think it has 2 sensors in it instead of just 1 like the SG 2100.

spongella is right, there are no buttons on the HH90. I've had one for 8 years and it has never needed a reset. I think it has 2 sensors in it instead of just 1 like the SG 2100.

It would be nice to have a button for manually moving the dish.

I always use a TV and receiver at the dish, so it can be moved with the remote easily.

I've used my Birdog to power the SG2100 for moving the dish. But if the HH90 doesn't have the button I guess I'll have to take a receiver out with me but that would be a big hassle since the dish is mounted 15 feet up a Rohn tower. It would be much easier if all I need was the Birdog. Near as I can tell, the Birdog doesn't have a built-in dish moving function.

Anyway, I got my new HH90 yesterday. As long as the wind stays low I'll try to install it today but what a hassle having to hoist a sat receiver and Birdog and tools up to the antenna. I guess I'm gonna have to hoist a TV up also. They should have included a button for moving the dish so that all you'd need is a handheld alignment unit.

The Stab Mp02 works well for aiming and resetting.
F209030.jpg

Anyone want to create an open source Arduino based controller? Simple: East/West/Return to Zero/Reset. Takes power from receiver coax and generates DiSEqC commands. Seems that it would be an easy project for those cold winter weekends! :D

The Stab Mp02 works well for aiming and resetting.

Are there any American or Canadian distributors? My first search brings up foreign businesses. Yep, gotta spend more money.

Anyone want to create an open source ARM or Arduino based controller? Simple: East/West/Return to Zero/Reset. Takes power from receiver coax and generates DiSEqC commands. Seems that it would be an easy project for those cold winter weekends! :D

Well, I have some experience with C/C++/Assembly/BASIC, I have an Associate of Science in Computer Science degree, A+/Linux+/Network+/CET certifications, FCC Radiotelephone license, and I'm retired electronic technician with terrestrial and satellite communications experience. Not sure if I want to take on the project, though.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Orbital ATK Resupply Mission Launch

Good-bye Kuwait Channel 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)