sg6100 motor problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rodo2222

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 8, 2013
chicago, il.
hi guys i need help with my motor it stop moving, is only 3 months old i try to reset but don't move, i try to move manually is not working, i think is got to be something whit the software but i am not sure, i try to contact the seller and the guy don't reply. well my question is if is any way that can get the software for this motor. i will really appreciate for your help. thanks in advance.

hi guys i need help with my motor it stop moving, is only 3 months old i try to reset but don't move, i try to move manually is not working, i think is got to be something whit the software but i am not sure, i try to contact the seller and the guy don't reply. well my question is if is any way that can get the software for this motor. i will really appreciate for your help. thanks in advance.

Where did you buy it?

I'd ask some basic questions for troubleshooting. You may have looked at some of this stuff but I want to make sure:

What receiver do you have?

Do you have any signal on the receiver on any sat? Are you able to see any channels?

Are the connections all good?

Have you tested the coax to your motor?

I'd ask some basic questions for troubleshooting. You may have looked at some of this stuff but I want to make sure:

What receiver do you have?

Do you have any signal on the receiver on any sat? Are you able to see any channels?

Are the connections all good?

Have you tested the coax to your motor?
hi , thanks for your response, i have two receivers an openbox s9 and traxis 6000 and i don't have any signal in any of them, also y check the cable and the connection and the motor is receiving power, but don't move, well it move by itself all the way to the east. aagain thanks for your help

thanks for the response i bought at a place call leo's mall on ebay.
Good luck getting a reply from them. I asked them a question when I was interested in buying something and it took 4 months to get a reply. At least one other member has mentioned problems as well.:(

Reactions: rodo2222
What happens if you hit the buttons on motor does it move?

Good luck getting a reply from them. I asked them a question when I was interested in buying something and it took 4 months to get a reply. At least one other member has mentioned problems as well.:(
yes i think i am not getting any answer thanks

You try to reset?

Hardware Reset by DiSEqC Motor
  1. Cut off the power by disconnecting the coaxial cable
  2. Press and hold both EAST and WEST buttons for 5 seconds
  3. Reconnect the coaxial cable
  4. Red LED blinks 4 times
  5. Memory is erased, the receiver rewrites the satellite table to factory default and corrects the "0"
I think the answer is yes but just want to check.

You try to reset?

Hardware Reset by DiSEqC Motor
  1. Cut off the power by disconnecting the coaxial cable
  2. Press and hold both EAST and WEST buttons for 5 seconds
  3. Reconnect the coaxial cable
  4. Red LED blinks 4 times
  5. Memory is erased, the receiver rewrites the satellite table to factory default and corrects the "0"
I think the answer is yes but just want to check.
yes i try that but don't work and the right side button is like loose and only makes a click noise

yes i try that but don't work and the right side button is like loose and only makes a click noise

Sounds like an RMA but you need leomall to fill out rma request with DMSI.

Worth a try email leo@dmsiusa.com and ask for RMA tell him the dealer you bought from is a deadbeat :) and will not answer your email requests.

Sounds like an RMA but you need leomall to fill out rma request with DMSI.

Worth a try email leo@dmsiusa.com and ask for RMA tell him the dealer you bought from is a deadbeat :) and will not answer your email requests.
thanks a lot for your help i will try that ,i got to go to pick up the wife now but i will do that thanks again to you and all the guys for your help god bless you guys

If it winds up being out of warranty open it up and check the microswitches. I had similar problems and there was grease caked up on one of the microswitches keeping it pressed in. Cleaned it off and running great since.
thanks for your advice i really appreciate, if i can get fixed with the warranty i will do that and again thanks

I purchased the same motor from leomall on eBay as well. I think the motor has a short. and yes, the troubleshoot steps did not work. display is not working properly and red light on the bottom flickers.
I contacted them and they are going to replace it.
They are slow on responding to second or more emails.
Of course mine is a new purchase compared to yours, good luck.

I purchased the same motor from leomall on eBay as well. I think the motor has a short. and yes, the troubleshoot steps did not work. display is not working properly and red light on the bottom flickers.
I contacted them and they are going to replace it.
They are slow on responding to second or more emails.
Of course mine is a new purchase compared to yours, good luck.
thanks for your response i have send two emails and so far no reply and i think 3 months is a new purchase. thanks

Yes, as I stated in a previous post, that seller has a poor track record of responding to it's customers (or even potential customers). I, and others, will never do business with them for that reason. Have you tried putting some pressure on them by contacting ebay or paypal and complaining directly to them? If it is a recent enough transaction, you can get a phone number and other contact information about your seller from ebay by going to http://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch?_sofindtype=9 and entering the seller's id and your auction number. If you need to get another motor, I would recommend the Stab HH90, HH100 or HH120 (1.2m dishes). Stab is the company that developed the USALS positioning system. They are made in Italy and are very high quality. There are several sellers on ebay who offer them. Good Luck!

Yes, as I stated in a previous post, that seller has a poor track record of responding to it's customers (or even potential customers). I, and others, will never do business with them for that reason. Have you tried putting some pressure on them by contacting ebay or paypal and complaining directly to them? If it is a recent enough transaction, you can get a phone number and other contact information about your seller from ebay by going to http://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch?_sofindtype=9 and entering the seller's id and your auction number. If you need to get another motor, I would recommend the Stab HH90, HH100 or HH120 (1.2m dishes). Stab is the company that developed the USALS positioning system. They are made in Italy and are very high quality. There are several sellers on ebay who offer them. Good Luck!
thanks a lot i think i will get another motor the stab as you recomended and contact ebay about the bad one, i really appreciate for your help, thanks and god bless you.

You're very welcome. Sorry you had that bad experience. Here are two sellers on ebay that sell the Stab HH90: and Hopefully you will have a better experience this time. Good Luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.