SG6100 Motor Reset Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DennisF

Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I have a brand new SG6100 motor. The angle value on the readout display on the motor is different from the indicator on the tube when I send it to the 0 degree position. My receiver is an Amiko 8240 and does not have a "Shift0" command and will not correct the angle value difference. I have tried to use the hardware reset by Diseqc motor by disconnecting the cable to the receiver and pushing both buttons and reconnecting but the led only blinks three times and the angle difference remains. Any ideas to correct this would be much appreciated!! Thanks!!

My old SG2100 would allow the receiver to drive the motor to the 0 degree position with a "Go to 0 degree" command. You then could move the tube to 0 degrees with buttons on the motor and then press a reset button on the motor to get the tube and receiver to agree where 0 degrees was so that the USALS system worked properly.

Am I not understanding the reset procedure for the SG6100 as I have tried to use the hardware reset by Diseqc motor by disconnecting the cable to the receiver and pushing both buttons and reconnecting the cable but the led only blinks three times and the angle difference remains?

Thanks much for any ideas!

Welcome to SatGuys, DennisF!

I don't have a SG6100, so I don't know about it and can't help you, but someone on here I'm sure will.

I've used one for over a year, well until recently I put my Stab back in service and I got to be honest. I never once looked at that display on the back. So I don't know if it read right or not. IMO that display was put there as an extra selling point, I don't really see where it would be of much practical use. It's not like you can see it inside while watching TV. As long as when you tell it to go to "0" and it centers up by the pointer you should be ok. Just pretend that display is not there and go from there.

I would just use it. My 6100 was acting up losing its position randomly and freaking out right out of the box. It just had too much grease on the cog that presses the microswitches inside. After cleaning some of the grease off and cleaning some off the "0" switch it has been a solid performer for over a year now tugging around a Channelmaster 1 meter. Quality control may not be that great at the factory I am afraid.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts