Shaw Direct Signal in Az

I was looking to buy not rent. The last time I looked they were under 300.00 on the web site, now on Facebook or Kijiji they are 499. Not really know why. Bell only sells all refurbished ones now. Like everything it is going up I guess.

Yes, most of us use TELUS or Shaw Cable at home. Shaw Satellite is not a good service, I give it a 3 out of 10. Shaw Cable and TELUS TV are much better in everything they do. So, as someone else said, I would use it down south and then put it on vacation mode until I went back down. Such a shame. Now have to use other devices just to watch Canadian TV and Sports services. What a drag.

What does everyone else do or are you going to do?

Yes, most of us use TELUS or Shaw Cable at home. Shaw Satellite is not a good service, I give it a 3 out of 10. Shaw Cable and TELUS TV are much better in everything they do. So, as someone else said, I would use it down south and then put it on vacation mode until I went back down. Such a shame. Now have to use other devices just to watch Canadian TV and Sports services. What a drag.

What does everyone else do or are you going to do?
I am not going to strongly defend ShawDirect here but I never found them too bad to deal with. My complaints would be ridiculous hold times on the phone and frequent price increases. I don't like the new 830 PVR, however their Digicipher STB's have a far superior picture than Bell.

Speaking of Bell they deactivated a couple in their 80's who were customers of mine, when they couldn't pass the phone audit check they frequently did. I never heard of ShawDirect harassing their customers.

I am not going to strongly defend ShawDirect here but I never found them too bad to deal with. My complaints would be ridiculous hold times on the phone and frequent price increases. I don't like the new 830 PVR, however their Digicipher STB's have a far superior picture than Bell.

Speaking of Bell they deactivated a couple in their 80's who were customers of mine, when they couldn't pass the phone audit check they frequently did. I never heard of ShawDirect harassing their customers.
Whaaat? What's a 'phone audit check' - how is that done, actually?

Now imagine the customer is in their 80's and has poor sight and hearing, mobility issues and struggles with simple tasks like changing channels and using the guide.
I don't imagine that such a customer would be on the business end of an audit. Audits are trying to trap accounts with multiple receivers in different locations.

If they were using their receiver as part of a larger household, they probably wouldn't be getting the call.

No need to demonize the company. Demonize those who make audits necessary.

Reactions: Foxbat
I have Telus Optik TV.
From Sarasota Florida, F2 died completely about a month ago. I've been streaming Bell Fibe through my second home in Toronto using VPN or by logging onto my company server up there. PITA. I'm not sure if there's a dish big enough for G1 this far south. I went through similar with Bell a few years ago. DTH satellite from Canada in the southern US is history.

From Sarasota Florida, F2 died completely about a month ago. I've been streaming Bell Fibe through my second home in Toronto using VPN or by logging onto my company server up there. PITA. I'm not sure if there's a dish big enough for G1 this far south. I went through similar with Bell a few years ago. DTH satellite from Canada in the southern US is history.
Sucks, doesn't it? And we can't get The Beaches on the cover of Rolling Stone either. arghhhhh. There's a fellow here in Denver with a 2.6m dish who's doing just fine. But that's a big, honkin' dish...