Should I call and try for a better deal?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ces1948

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
Our initial 2 year agreement will be over next month. We currently have 1 HR-23 and 3-H-25's. I am happy with the service, my current lineup of channels and the equipment. My current monthly cost including tax is about $135. Like most everyone I am interested in saving money and I like the idea of having cutting edge equipment. What do you think they might offer if anything? If they don't offer anything I'm considering going to Dish on a 2 year plan and saving a substantial sum of money for the initial year. What's your opinions?
Thanks

They may well offer you what you want. The only way to find out is to call.

ask for a genie, you will most likely get it

I called in for just a genie and got a buncha deals

ask for a genie, you will most likely get it

I called in for just a genie and got a buncha deals

X2... I called for a genie since my 2 years was up and asked nicely was I eligible for any deals since I was signing a new 2 year agreement. I got 35 off for 6months 20 for the next 6 months and 10 for the next 10 months. I am only on the hook for the full bill for 2 months!!!

Do not lead with "give me a deal or I'll just quit" ,you catch more with sugar than vinegar .

Good advice, and as some people have found out, if you're belligerent and threaten to quit you might just find that they've taken you at your word and pulled the plug by the time you get off the phone.

Doesn't hurt to ask for something...

My 2 yr contract was up last March...I've been with Directv for 7 - 8 yrs...I never asked for anything before...I asked for NFL and "whole house" packages and received both for no charge and they also lowered my monthly bill by $40/mo. for 1 year...all for a 1 year extension!!!

I had been getting $25 off the premiums in the Premier package for 6 months. When that discount ran out, I called in and said "Cancel" and was transferred to retentions. I didn't say anything about wanting to cancel, I just asked when my commitment ended. Just by asking that, the CSR offered me $20 off for a year, and I said ok. I think some times it is just the luck of the draw as to who you get.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)