Signal Drop of Discovery HD and ESPNHD-110 Sat

Ultra5240

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2006
Franklin, IN
Has anyone been having problems with signal strength on these two channels. I have a Dish 1000 system and a 622 and it can't seem to keep a solid signal. It goes from 70's to 30's on the signal meter and then back. Other channels on 110 don't seem to drop, just these two. Anyone got any ideas?

I haven't seen this problem. Most likely a problem with your setup. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but you have 30 days warranty I believe from the installation day. Call and tell them you're having problems with your signal off 110. Any trees in the way? Maybe a branch swings with the wind and blocks off 110.

That is what I was afraid of. I have my dish way out in a field but it does look over a tree line. I've had my setup for about a year and a half and it only started this last fall. I wonder if one of the trees has gotten taller and may be interfering. If that is the case, wouldn't it knock out anything on 110? I'm really not sure how all that works and if you can get some on a certain satellite just find but others are blocked because of the different transponders for the different channels.

Check the readings on all the TPs off 110. You may not be watching any channels off 110 but Discovery HD and that's why you notice it. Most locals are off 110 but in my case, I don't watch locals that much.

BTW, if you stand behind the dish 110 comes off the East or left side of the dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts