Signal Finder With Tuner for USA Birds?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dekker

Original poster
Dec 26, 2015
Waco Tx
Ive been looking at satlink ws 6906 catching some youtube comments saying it doesnt work in us ,particularly 97w
I want a similar one i think one with built in tv/tunder/lcd is what pulls me in most so i want that!

dont want to spend 500-1000 usd either any advice or opinion welcome .

Without knowing the specifics of those forum comments, one must assume that the operators were either trying to meter a signal/switch/LNB type that the meter did not support or that the satellite/transponder list was not updated for the North American satellites.

If you are looking for a meter for FTA, DVBS/S2 is an international format. Meters work anywhere in the world and only need the regional satellites and current transponder lists installed.

With that said, I first would look for a used quality meter. I bought a excellent condition AI Turbo S2 meter last week for $400 on Craigslist. This meter blows any other meter out of the water. Many hobbyists used the SatHero SH-100HD, 8dtek DSM S2 or one of the SatLink models.

I have a manufacture sample that is based on a SatLink DVBS2 model and it is great! Able to edit and update the lists, blind scans, motor control (USALS/DiSEqC 1.2, switch control, TV viewing, simple spectrum display. Just be sure that whatever you model you decide on, there is a simple way to edit the satellite/transponder lists!

im practically looking for a portable fta receiver dvb-s2,although the AI Turbo S2 has quite the library of features it doesnt have what i want most the live image in hand .

I have a 6906 (hardly used and for sale $70 OBO + shipping)
It is DVB-S, so it will work well on 97w.

I wouldn't call this a professional meter. Generally a pro meter doesn't have a TV screen.
My A2 meter is my daily work meter with a Birdog Ultra as a backup.
That's why the 6906 is hardly used. It does however have all the motor Diseqc functions a STB generally has. Pro meters do not (usually) have motor functions or TV screens.

Meters like the WS 6906, since they are just like having a STB at the dish + screen, also are missing the metrics that STB are missing. A pro meter like the A2 actually show measurable values in decibels or other standard unit whereas a STB is showing some subjective 72% Quality value and every box is different.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

METV format change

Are NHK World and RT still on G16?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)