Signal Loss While Recording 2 Networks at Once

Tony Trent

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2003
Is this happening to anyone else? I've searched and not found any metion of this.

For 3 weeks now every time I record 2 Network shows at once (CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox) off the Satellite channels (6389-6392) not the local off-air versions, one or both programs will have Signal Loss on playback and the whole program is over in 10 seconds to 5 minutes maximum.

This seems to happen every time. The strange thing is I can watch the shows while they are on "live" and see the whole episode. It is the recorded version that is lost.

example: Monday December 1st recording Chuck and Sarah Connor Chronicles same time, NBC and Fox (6391 and 6392). I watched Sarah while it was recording. I tried to playback Chuck when it was done, it played about 10 seconds and the rest was "lost signal".

This makes me want to go back to Cable.:mad:

Is the 622 not able to handle 2 recordings at once any more? Maybe Dish has crippled our hardware to be less infringing on Tivo.

Maybe you have a failing lnb, when it's stressed it overheats and fails.

Have you run a checkswitch.

I record two at one time on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday with no problems on playback on my 622.

You have a problem. Time to troubleshoot.

Make a note on which tuner it is, what shows, what times, and what the results are on the check switch test.

Do you lose your OTA signal at the same time. I have a possibly related issue, If I am watching something OTA and lose the signal while it is recording a sat channel - then all sat channels go to black if I press the up or down button. The only way to get it back is to reset the receiver. I have had receiver, lnbs, wiring replaced, system reground, etc., still happens If I do not lose my OTA channel or am not watching it - all is well with my sat recordings. Try recording while watching a dvred event or not have the video on or while watching a sat channel, see if it still happens.

@wkomorow

I just wanted to let you know that I have a similar issue on my 622. I frequently have dropouts on my OTA channels because I am too lazy to get my antenna outside. Whenever the OTA signal drops on a show that is recording, whatever SAT channel I am watching also drops out until I go into the menu and back out.