Signed up in August, need to add another TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Joseph Giorgianni

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Queensbury, NY
Hi all,

I signed up for DirecTV in August, one TV and an HR24-500 DVR. Didn't know my wife was going to make me keep our old TV and now she wants it in the sun room. I know when I signed up they would have added another DVR for the second TV for free.

Just called DirecTV and he wouldn't budge on the $200 on the second DVR. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

It's unlikely they will give you a break since they have you for the better part of two years. You may have some luck calling back and trying a different csr.

Hello Joseph Giorgianni,

There are a couple of ways to go. One is to try "CSR Roulette". You can try to get a customer service representative who will try to get you some discount or if that doesn't work Another path is getting the HR 34 (Genie) which could be discounted and only extend your 2 year obligation by approximately 5 months ( August to December whether you get a hd dvr or hd receiver). There will be a monthly fee for the new unit and possibly a fee for a tech to do the installation of the new unit. Good luck on whatever way you decide to handle this matter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)