Six Install Dates - Still No Voom In AL

qwacker2

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2004
I have had my VOOM install scheduled/rescheduled 6 times in the past month, taken off work 3 times, run the gambit of excuses, and still no installation in sight. I'm quite pissed after waiting all afternoon for a no-show. Supposedly, he is the only installer in Huntsville for Emerald Coast Broadband - my unfortunate installer, Luckily, I don't have to worry about getting through to VOOM on the phone to cancel since it never got installed. Just glad I never opened the wireless phone jack I bought for the install so I can return it. Hopefully D* will get the HDTV channels :( soon.

Update - I now have a dish, but no service.

Installer called around 6PM - showed up at 7PM. Now 10:30, installer gone, and still no VOOM. Had one bad STB, but replaced and finally got the satellite signal. Unfortunately, Installs Inc is closed, so called VOOM to authorize service. Finally got thru by going through sales, but found out VOOM cannot turn on their own box! Unbelievable! So now I have to wait until tomorrow to get it turned on and hope everything works.

Update 2

Got service this morning around 10:30 - luckily locals seem to come in OK.

First impression is I like the HD quality, but not real impressed with quality some of the SD channels. On some channels it looks good, but on others, I have better quality my analog cable service. I already had the STB lockup on me once - nothing on the remote or box would do anything. Due to this, I decided to plug the STB into a separate strip that I can cycle (one that isn't behind the entertainment center that I have to pull out the TV to get to).

Glad the install is finally over. Yet to be determined if it was worth it.