SkyReport on Dish

johnch

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
I found this on Skyreport this morning. Thoight the fotum would be interested:

Letters to the Editor: DISH HD; Broadcast vs. Cable
4/14/2009 @ 8:45 PM
SkyREPORT: Your story regarding Dish Network is incorrect regarding the new HD subs. Only three of the six -- Spike, CMT and Comedy Central -- were actually added to the Turbo Packages. The rest including BET were added to the HD plus standard packages. This latest move by Dish along with the limited access to Fox News and Fox Business has created a real firestorm on the satellite forums. Check out http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/ for the real buzz.

I have been a Dish subscriber for over 10 years and I am seriously considering jumping ship. When I switched to the HD only Gold plus Platinum it was clearly implied that I would receive all new HD channels yet as stated earlier I have been shorted twice in the last two months.

Read the comments for yourself. Users are really upset at Dish and the anger is not going away. It looks to many that Dish is not really searing its ship in a direction that benefits its present HD only subscribers after implying future expansion.

By the way I read your newsletter every day and find it very informative and useful. Please do a story about this latest blunder by Dish.

John xxxxxxxxxx
Editor's Note: We tried to contact DISH for their side of the story but had yet to receive a response as of post time. We'll run the provider's response in this space later this week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)