Sleep Timer on Dish 500?

Pixelation

Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
I've looked everywhere in the menu and the manual. Is there any sort of sleep timer with the Dish 500 or am I SOL?

no sleeptimer on any of the recievers. some of the recievers are supposed to have an inactivity shut down after 6 hours but mine shuts off only 1 out of 10 times

I wish there were timers that would remind you of when dinner is done on the stove or to remind you of events (kind of like a calendar).

Why would you want your Receiver too shut off after say 60 mins and then you get woke up to the blast of static from your TV set, just use the sleep timer built into most modern TV's

ke4est said:
Why would you want your Receiver too shut off after say 60 mins and then you get woke up to the blast of static from your TV set, just use the sleep timer built into most modern TV's

I already know about a TV sleep timer. I want sleep timer on my sat. rec. so it isn't left on all night.

SimpleSimon, you must be thinking of the old X-10 home control box. I dont remember the 7100/7200 having a memo you could type in. It would be nice to have that on these receivers where you could punch in the memo just as you would if you was typing something in to search for something. It would also make good use of the usb ports and the keyboards that could be connected to them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts