Slim dish too slim?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have not adjusted skew yet. Are there any sites that help with setting up multi lnb dishes? That was my original thought with this dish was to install 3 lnbs if I can. I don't know which satellites I wanted to point at yet. I need to do more reading on the setup portion but I'm not having much luck in my searching.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

No distractions

I think you need around 20 degrees of skew.
Get the correct number, dial that in, and optimize what 'chat got.
That will give you a lot of experience and confidence to solve these minor problems.

No point talkin' about bakin' a cake, 'till ya can boil water. ;)
?

Did you shorten the LNBF clamp or shorten the arm? Hopefully the height of the clamp was shortened and not the arm...

You should see approximately 230 free TV and 82 Radio channels from Galaxy 19 KU.

Doesn't hurt to read. I had my super dish for years just moving it from satellite to satellite by hand. Figured I'd try something new this time. I learned a lot about fitting a new lnb to a dish though.

The arm was shortened so the new lnb distance would match the original lnb distance from the dish. Then the lnb height was adjusted to the correct height. If I didn't shorten the arm the lnb would have been too far away from the dish.

I would say you now have a good baseline.
Is that about what ya got on your SuperDish?

The fine adjustments on that DTV Slimline is exceptional.
Now that you have the LNBF correctly located, dialing in on any bird should be easy.
?Should make a good dish for any average bird. :up

No the superdish probably got probably half that. Im thinking the fss lnb is crapping out thought because I had it pointed at 83w and now the signal strength(93) and quality(75) goes from where it should be to zero about every second constantly. I hanv't touched it, just started doing it today. Anyway I stuck a second lnb on the slimdish and pointed it at 87w and got about 23 channels from it.

No the superdish probably got probably half that. Im thinking the fss lnb is crapping out thought because I had it pointed at 83w and now the signal strength(93) and quality(75) goes from where it should be to zero about every second constantly. I hanv't touched it, just started doing it today. Anyway I stuck a second lnb on the slimdish and pointed it at 87w and got about 23 channels from it.

Have you looked in the feedhorn to see if you had some wasps move in? They build a nest, and it causes issues...

Not yet. I was just thinking about that. Its completely sealed but maybe moisture or a spider could have made it in there some how. I've tried swapping coax and bypassing the disec.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)