Slimline 3 SWM self install, I have the dish setup just have some switch /inserter questions plea

Status
Please reply by conversation.
hey now. I watch Maury. I'm not going to be a guest on there with the "is he cheating with his brother's girlfriend?". The lie detector knows.....

Hey Iceberg and co

Still waiting for my BBAND converters but a funny thing happened. Some guy was trying to tell me I need a special switch in order to get HD, I was telling him that I got it straight from Ice and the gang and that he was wrong. At any rate I go back in to sat setup and change to slimline 5 with multi switch set (I had been on #2 setting with 3 lnb) at any rate I re set satellite and this time the test reads I am good on all sats except 99, I never even saw this part of the screen before, last time it said searching for sat.

So now with no B Band converters I am getting several/quite a few HD channels. For instance On channel 530HD I get starz in black, and on another 530 I get a SD channel, and the difference is incredible. Just a country bumpkin never seen HD anywhere ever.

There are a few other HD channels also in the 500-`s, many say searching for satellite. So does this mean I do not need the bband converters? Or is it just some stations that require it?

Now I only pointed the dish once, So I am getting every sat but 99, I guess the tiniest bit to the left standing behind the dish should bring in 99 as well.

Hey I am just thrilled to actually have viewed HD at all. Is it possible I do not need the BBC, or is it just that a few channels do not require it?

Just waiting on the post office to deliver them BBC

any thoughts anybody? :)

IIRC, some of the channels from 99c come through without a bbc connected, but the rest at 99c and the ones at 103c need the bbc. It's because there are more than one satellite at each position and they transmit different types of signals.

IIRC, some of the channels from 99c come through without a bbc connected, but the rest at 99c and the ones at 103c need the bbc. It's because there are more than one satellite at each position and they transmit different types of signals.

I am getting 10 HD channels in the 500`s. I know they are HD, I have duplicates of the Sd/hd channels because of one of the settinghs I chose, which is great because I can flip between SD and HD on some of the channels to see the complete difference between the 2, first time I ever saw HD at all, it`s really something. So crisp and clear, the pores on peoples faces etc are standing out, the cloudy film is removed from images.

At any rate I am getting green check marks on all but 99. 99 sat is just 2 red x`s, no signal at all on 99 on any transponder, so I am getting the 10 HD chanells in the 500`s from 103 I have to guess. I am watching HD without question, and I do not get 99.

I may actually/possibly have tree trouble for 99, but I am not about to even consider that until after I get the BBAND converters. I did play around for a hour this morning cant get a wimper out of 99, but was easily able to re find the other 4 sats after.

Perhaps it`s just the bband converter that will fix me up for 99.

Should I be able to find 99 signal even to have it say not available, or searching for sat, or is it simply hid from me until BBC.

tHANKS

Without a BBC the receiver just will not see the 99 (except with the H23 and HR23 because it is built in on those models).

Are you seeing the few HD channels that are NOT on the 99 or 103, or maybe that are not yet MPEG 4 ?
If a few of these channels were still MPEG2 they would come in for you, but I don't think they would come from the 99 or 103 sat.

All I can tell you is I am using H24 700 I am not using a BBC as I am still awaiting shippment, I am not using power inserter, I have selected slim 5 with multi switch in sat settings, and that I do not get 99 at all, so the signal is coming in from 103, unless somehow from 110. I am watching HD so that is not in question. 103 is coming in strong. We are talking exactly 10 stations in the 500`s. Anyway I am, happy to have these 10 while I await shipment of BBC. :)

Are you seeing the few HD channels that are NOT on the 99 or 103, or maybe that are not yet MPEG 4 ?
If a few of these channels were still MPEG2 they would come in for you, but I don't think they would come from the 99 or 103 sat.

Here`s the update if anybody is interested. Got my BBC converters today. The vmoment I hooked it up I could see 99 sat just like so many here said.

Now I have 99,101,103,110 and 119 coming in, As far as I know I am getting all the HD.

Now the breakdown goes like this....119,110,101 all perfect. 99 C ,103 cb,103ca all perfect, but 99s nothing really at all,and 103 s has 1 or 2 on 42% and that`s only if you wait a while.

I seem to have all the 500 movies that I know of from SD, and a couple extra that I never knew about. Getting all the channels that I personally know of, no channels that say searching for satellite, so I guess I am good?

thanks. Recap I have 99 c all over 90 %, I have 103 cb and 103 ca over 90 % on all it`s just 103 s and 99 s, that are basically no good.

99s and 103s are for spot beams. You will only get a few of them well. As long as one of them shows in the 90's or upper 80's you are good to go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)