Slimline Rooftop Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shotcaller

Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
I currently have a roof tripod for my 3lnb dish which puts my dish about 5 1/2 feet above the roofline. When the installers came to my house, they said they couldn't install the Slimline on a tripod and they couldn't receive a signal lower on the roof. Does anyone know of install options available to put the slimline higher above the roof?

I know that the slimline will not fit on the same mast as the 3 LNB as it needs a wider mast. I had to use the mast that came with the slimline when installing mine and took down the old mast along with the 3 lnb dish.

My parents have a flat roof...installer used "commercial flat roof" mast and base to install sidecar dish. the weight and multiple cinderblocks to anchor the setup created quite a leak. The dish is now pole-mounted in the yard

I currently have a roof tripod for my 3lnb dish which puts my dish about 5 1/2 feet above the roofline. When the installers came to my house, they said they couldn't install the Slimline on a tripod and they couldn't receive a signal lower on the roof. Does anyone know of install options available to put the slimline higher above the roof?

There are tripods that fit a 2" pole. Check the solidsignal website.

Mike and Raoul, thank you for the leads. Mr. Furley, I was afraid of one of those answers.

Chimney mount

Do any of you have pics of a slimline install? Are there brackets on the back that help support the dish? Currently my DISH dishes are mounted to the chimney and because of trees thats about the only place to mount the slimline when I make the jump back to Directv. Can Directv mount it to the chimney? Special install?

Thanks in advance for any words of advice!

Bruce, N of Seattle

Do any of you have pics of a slimline install? Are there brackets on the back that help support the dish? Currently my DISH dishes are mounted to the chimney and because of trees thats about the only place to mount the slimline when I make the jump back to Directv. Can Directv mount it to the chimney? Special install?

Thanks in advance for any words of advice!

Bruce, N of Seattle

The Slimline installation manual has a drawing of one on a chimney mount but from what I hear, installers don't want to do that. For roof mounting there are struts (called monopoles) which should be used to stabilize the dish. Ironwood does the Directv installations in this area and some of their installers will try harder than others. I'm sure there is a way to get it done, but you might need to find a custom installer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)