Sling Adaptor Problem

philiphotog

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
I installed my Dish Sling Adaptor for my 722 today and encountered a couple of problems.

I can watch pre-recorded shows and 'live' TV fine on my iPhone but can only watch 'live' programming on my lap top and computer.

Whenever I login to Dishonline and click a program from my DVR, all I'm showing is 'live' TV, not the pre-recorded show. Seems like a bug.

Also, any program I watch on my computer immediately changes TV1 to that show. I thought that it was supposed to only change TV2 according to the reviews I've been reading.

Anyone else having these issue and how do I resole them?

That worked for my i-Pad. Someone else said to re-boot 722, then put it in dual mode. My probs. ended when I installed the new Dish app. for Sling Adapter.

The problem is not for my iPad or iPhone. I just cannot get my computer to show pre-recorded TV. It only shows 'live' TV no matter if I click a pre-recorded show or not. Can anyone help?

I just thought it was worth a try. I think your the first one to have this prob., usually it is the other way around.

Whenever I login to Dishonline and click a program from my DVR, all I'm showing is 'live' TV, not the pre-recorded show. Seems like a bug. Also, any program I watch on my computer immediately changes TV1 to that show.
I noticed almost exactly this bizarre behavior using my Android client. For the Android client, I could watch satellite recordings, but not OTA mpeg-2 recordings which started playing on TV1 instead. At that time, my PC client was working as advertised (other than some audio sync issues).

About 4 or 5 days ago, the Android client suddenly started playing even OTA mpeg-2 recordings, so I think something got fixed. Neither my 722 firmware nor my Android DRA client was updated, so I claim engineers did something on the Sling servers. But now you've got me worried. Maybe they fixed it for the mobile clients but broke it for the PC clients. :(

Let's hope they get this ironed out soon. Right now my Sling Adapter is a $99 toy for adults.

OK, Solved. My error. I was logged in under DishOnline.com ( a beta site) rather than logging in the dish account directly and then the dish remote access log in. Everything works great.

Recent upgrade to 722 problems

Fed up with 922

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts