Sling with EHD?

smjbh5

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 3, 2007
SF Bay Area
Dumb question. I'm getting a 722k, and was wondering whether I can have both a sling adapter and EHD connected to the receiver at the same time? I see that there's only 1 usb port on the receiver.

You can even Sling recorded content from the EHD. At least you can on the ViP 612/622/722/722K. Not sure about the 922 and last I heard, Hopper can't do that for some reason, hope they fix that before I get my Hoppers!

Yes, that is correct. That is how I have mine connected.

And it works OK? Everytime I try to use that set-up, it causes problems with my DVR within 24 hours. Sling stops working, DVR stops recording timers, etc. As soon as I unplug the Sling and reboot, everything returns to normal. I've stopped using my Sling because of it.

And it works OK? Everytime I try to use that set-up, it causes problems with my DVR within 24 hours. Sling stops working, DVR stops recording timers, etc. As soon as I unplug the Sling and reboot, everything returns to normal. I've stopped using my Sling because of it.

Sounds like a bad receiver or bad Sling adapter or both. I have my EHD(s) and Sling connected to both ports 24/7 and have no issues whatsoever.

You can even Sling recorded content from the EHD. At least you can on the ViP 612/622/722/722K. Not sure about the 922 and last I heard, Hopper can't do that for some reason, hope they fix that before I get my Hoppers!
I can confirm you can NOT see EHD content connected to a 922 or Hopper from Dish OnLine or Dish Remote Access (dish.sling.com). Too bad. I keep most of my content on an EHD RAID for redundancy and if the receiver fails.

622/612 does not support sling adapter and last i tried 722 shows the EHD content but will not play them. not sure if that has changed it has been a while since i tried.

622/612 does not support sling adapter and last i tried 722 shows the EHD content but will not play them. not sure if that has changed it has been a while since i tried.

That's right forgot they don't "have the hardware required" to support Sling. Not sure about the 722, but my 722K will Sling content directly from my EHD.

Not sure about the 722, but my 722K will Sling content directly from my EHD.

Same for the 722 last time I checked. The display on DO and DRA integrates programming from both internal and external disks into one online display, too. I wish the receiver could do that.

The 722 does not (like the 622 and 612), the 722K does.

:eek: please read the post above yours!

BTW - I just checked this on my 722 w/Sling Adapter and it works fine (as I stated above) via http://dish.sling.com. This morning I can't get DishOnline to show me any recordings, so I can't double check that.

Even though the 612 does not support Sling Adapters, nevertheless it does show an integrated list of recordings just like the 722/k.

Last edited: