SlingGuide - Problems

sure do, checked my software and it was 616, and when i enter my receiver id number and click next it tells me that it is not online when it clearly is.it so strange, every time i try to get the web activation number it is always six digits

well, I am just out of ideas... do you believe in curses?...

ipod/ipod touch

Is SlingGuide woking with ipods now? If so what do you have to do to make it work with them?

is anyone having the same problem as me? i am stuck at the activation screen where it says enter 7 digit activation code, when i check my dvr, in only getting a six digit code instead of a 7 digit.
I just got accepted and had the same issue.

My code was something like 77-4550

What I put in was a trailing zero so the number I punched in was 077-4550 and that worked. :)

Yup your correct.

BTW the local guide data is wrong.

For WFSB Channel 3 the guide lists K-Eye Morning News and CBS 42 Morning News
For WTNH Channel 8 the guide lists KVUE News Daybreak
For Fox 61 WTIC TV it lists Fox 29 Morning News

The sling box thing is supposed to allow us to watch our DVR on a computer or phone at some point in the future - right? But still nothing exists to connect one receiver in a house to another to watch the DVR on the other receiver? It seems this capability would be easier to implement than the sling box.

Am I missing something?

The sling box thing is supposed to allow us to watch our DVR on a computer or phone at some point in the future - right? But still nothing exists to connect one receiver in a house to another to watch the DVR on the other receiver? It seems this capability would be easier to implement than the sling box.

Am I missing something?

OK, so we can already watch sling stuff on a computer, and depending on the phone you have, you can already watch your sling content if I am not mistaken. As for watching your sling stuff on another tv, that is also already possible, with the sling catcher. Our very own Scott reviewed this gem of a product, however be aware that it does not sling hd, just sd.

Does anyone know if sling is monitoring a thread here or do we need to send them issues noticed. I don't remember receiving a Email address to foward issues to. I am much more excited about this product than DishOnline.com. I do want to publicly thank Sling and Dish for the apparent hard work that has been put into this.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if sling is monitoring a thread here or do we need to send them issues noticed. I don't remember receiving a Email address to foward issues to. I am much more excited about this product than DishOnline.com. I do want to publicly thank Sling and Dish for the apparent hard work that has been put into this.
I've been using the Feedback link towards the top of the page.

I have just been clicking the "Feedback" link that is on the top of the screen after you log in. You can select either 'Bugs' or 'Suggestions'.

sure do, checked my software and it was 616, and when i enter my receiver id number and click next it tells me that it is not online when it clearly is.it so strange, every time i try to get the web activation number it is always six digits

i too get a six digit activation code, but i just left the first box blank and typed in the other six digits(two digit number - four digit nuber) and it worked for me. glad to get to try out the slingguide. so far i like it. :)

Just got my invitation to the beta when I got home. Now able to record a program from the pc. Just wished you could watch a recorded program on the dvr to your pc. I sent this as a suggestion also.

PIN changing by itself?

No MLB Network this season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts