SlingGuide - Problems

bigcarr

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 11, 2004
Idaho
My record plus is disabled and I do not get a prompt as to which tuner to use. Also, when viewing timers, there is no way to tell which tuner the timer is set to record on.

abisdabis

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 28, 2007
Western PA
I have a 622 running in dual mode with 6.17. Over the weekend I started having some issues with the receiver. It seems like after I use the SlingGuide to interface with my receiver, my receiver starts having some problems. If the receiver is in standby mode and a timer is set to go off (either set directly or via SlingGuide), when it is time for the timer to fire, the 622 gives me the 'Acquiring Satellite' screen with checks 1-5 and then tries to download guide information (which usually hangs up). After a hard or soft reset (I've tried both), everything seems to be fine, until I use the SlingGuide software. I am going to avoid using the SlingGuide for a few days just to see if I still have any problems, since this could also be a bug with 6.17 (I didn't have any problems with 6.16) or it could just be that my 622 is on its last legs. Anyone else having a similar problem?

I had a similar issue when I used slingguide to view a program on my tv. I have a 722/616. I started the dvr program from slingguide. The program started. I stopped the program via slingguide. The program stopped and then went throught the acquiring signal loop several times. The guide download screen showed up three times as well. A hard re-boot fixed the issue.

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
The OTA tuners are not listed in the online guide. How are you able to record to the OTA tuner?

Also, do we get any feedback from Dish in this beta or is it one sided. TiVo betas sent you test instructions and if they did not understand your submitted bug, they would come back to you with quoestions. Has anyone ever heard anything from Dish on this Beta?

applelific

Feb 10, 2009
pa
I have had slingguide for about a week now but i am unable to view my programs on my computer through the IE ActiveX control or Firefox control on my computer...Strangely though the sling beta where you can watch your slingbox on the web works. It looks to be the same player. I have contacted sling and they dont support this and i contacted the beta team through the feedback several time and recived nothing. This is very fustrating . Any ideas?

jwfgeol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 16, 2007
Knoxville, TN
My status is unchanged from last week:

I'm not seeing the -01 channels for the four locals I get in HD from Dish. I am seeing them for other locals though....
I'm actually seeing the opposite. My -01 channels come in for the locals I get from Dish, but not from other locals I get OTA. It looks like if the OTA channels have guide data, I have them, if they don't have guide data (i.e. 'Digital Service' in the EPG), they don't show up.

cosmo_kramer

Master of my Domain
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W
I'm actually seeing the opposite. My -01 channels come in for the locals I get from Dish, but not from other locals I get OTA. It looks like if the OTA channels have guide data, I have them, if they don't have guide data (i.e. 'Digital Service' in the EPG), they don't show up.
These "locals you get from Dish", are they HD locals??

Widescreen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 14, 2006
Allen, TX (Dallas area)
I have a 622 running in dual mode with 6.17. Over the weekend I started having some issues with the receiver. It seems like after I use the SlingGuide to interface with my receiver, my receiver starts having some problems. If the receiver is in standby mode and a timer is set to go off (either set directly or via SlingGuide), when it is time for the timer to fire, the 622 gives me the 'Acquiring Satellite' screen with checks 1-5 and then tries to download guide information (which usually hangs up).

I've had that happen a couple of times. Very annoying.

bf3000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 8, 2004
Bel Air, MD
Thanks for all your feedback...the part of me that feared I needed a new receiver is happy, but the part of me that really wanted to use the SlingGuide is disappointed. I'll send a bug report to Sling.

bf3000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 8, 2004
Bel Air, MD
I have a 622 running in dual mode with 6.17. Over the weekend I started having some issues with the receiver. It seems like after I use the SlingGuide to interface with my receiver, my receiver starts having some problems. If the receiver is in standby mode and a timer is set to go off (either set directly or via SlingGuide), when it is time for the timer to fire, the 622 gives me the 'Acquiring Satellite' screen with checks 1-5 and then tries to download guide information (which usually hangs up). After a hard or soft reset (I've tried both), everything seems to be fine, until I use the SlingGuide software. I am going to avoid using the SlingGuide for a few days just to see if I still have any problems, since this could also be a bug with 6.17 (I didn't have any problems with 6.16) or it could just be that my 622 is on its last legs. Anyone else having a similar problem?

Since others have seen this problem as well, I guess the big question now is, is this a problem with the SlingGuide or with 6.17 (or both)?

llzel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 14, 2007
St Louis
I too am having OTA guide issues. I see all my OTA locals -01, -02, etc, on my dish guide. In sling guide I see some local -01 some just -02's but not all. That's why its beta I guess. I've sent feedback

SKrueger

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2004
Los Angeles, CA

What Sats do you use? 129 by any chance? I noticed I was having this problem this morning with my locals and then noticed in the uplink report that my locals were moved to Ciel 2 this morning. Maybe? this has something to do with it.

bf3000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 8, 2004
Bel Air, MD
What Sats do you use? 129 by any chance? I noticed I was having this problem this morning with my locals and then noticed in the uplink report that my locals were moved to Ciel 2 this morning. Maybe? this has something to do with it.

I am looking at 110, 119, and 61.5, so Ciel 2 wasn't the problem. I've had this happen 3 times since last Thursday, but I haven't had any issues with the 622 since I stopped using the SlingGuide on Tuesday. I'll experiment with it again this weekend when I don't have any critical timers set up (I can't afford to have it make me miss Lost, The Office, or Battlestar Galactica)

Mr Zulu

SatelliteGuys Guru
Apr 25, 2008
I got it working using Opera Mini as the browser and going directly to
dish.sling.com/iphone.php

I was NOT able to get it load on my Tilt using just PIE with either the normal dish.sling.com or the dish.sling.com/iphone.php address.

The more I use this the more it feals like just another interface (although a really cool one) I have to learn to use the same equipment. At least when I use my Slingplayer on my phone or my computer it's the same interface as what's on the TV. I could see myself really liking this if I didn't already have a Slingbox but, as it is, I'm probably done playing with this.

PIN changing by itself?

No MLB Network this season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)