SlingTV Invites going out tonight 1/26

Most people don't. If you use social media check out Twitter or Facebook during a big game. My entire feed is filled with people talking about big moments in the game as they happen. That's an engaged audience that no other TV programing can match. Advertisers have to love that kind of audience.

No offense, but I have absolutely no use for that. They can both disappear for all I care. I check the twitter webpage for my nephews high school for game time changes and that is it. I just want to watch the game without a scrolling bottom line of meaningless info, twitter hashtags, coming this week on Fo:mad:or whatever) etc etc etc...

No offense, but I have absolutely no use for that. They can both disappear for all I care. I check the twitter webpage for my nephews high school for game time changes and that is it. I just want to watch the game without a scrolling bottom line of meaningless info, twitter hashtags, coming this week on Fo:mad:or whatever) etc etc etc...

I'm not advocating any of that. In fact, I rarely use my Facebook or Twitter accounts. That doesn't change the fact that both of those services are full of chatter about what's happening live during big games. Sports advertising brings in the most money for a reason.

I'm not advocating any of that. In fact, I rarely use my Facebook or Twitter accounts. That doesn't change the fact that both of those services are full of chatter about what's happening live during big games. Sports advertising brings in the most money for a reason.
Then it shouldn't need to be subsidized by outrageous carriage fees as well.

I say its about time we have packages without sports. In NY for most games it will cost you between a $100 and a $150 if your lucky to go see a game so let them pay that at home for a month of service.

Time for most people to stop subsidizing over priced sports!!
I want just the opposite. I need a package with JUST news and sports. Right now OTA & streaming has worked out nicely. The only thing I miss from a regular TV package is ESPN. I never watch reality garbage or the same movies over and over on all the other worthless channels. Sling TV may be exactly what I've been looking for.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: Rey and Nominal
Sports is on thing I must watch live if I am going to watch.
I would not be into the game nearly as much watching Bama play a game off of the DVR when it has been over for hours. Or even creating a buffer and catching up. It just takes something away from it for me.

Looks like sling doesn't know that midnight is AM. Or the news agencies reported date wrong and didn't know midnight is AM either

Invites go out tonight.

LOL, it's kind of funny. Typical Dish... No one reporting getting an invite. Their twitter page and facebook only say they are almost ready... "soon"

Most people don't. If you use social media check out Twitter or Facebook during a big game. My entire feed is filled with people talking about big moments in the game as they happen. That's an engaged audience that no other TV programing can match. Advertisers have to love that kind of audience.

The Walking Dead

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It might be worth it if subscribers to SlingTV can qualify for the WatchESPN and Disney apps on the streaming boxes like Roku and AppleTV.

Reactions: ohioankev
It might be worth it if subscribers to SlingTV can qualify for the WatchESPN and Disney apps on the streaming boxes like Roku and AppleTV.
watchespn has been confirmed. not sure on the disney stuff. Not sure why not since they are owned by same company.

From what I've read, watchespn is confirmed, but only for the two channels you get (and espn3) and it counts against your one stream limit.

Which honestly makes watchespn access pointless.

From what I've read, watchespn is confirmed, but only for the two channels you get (and espn3) and it counts against your one stream limit.

Which honestly makes watchespn access pointless.
WatchESPN allows replay of previously aired events, so it provides a DVR-lite feature. I wonder how SlingTV "knows" when I'm watching the WatchESPN app on another device?

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts