Please reply by conversation.

oldford

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
Eastern Maine
Greetings,

I just switched to Directv last week after being with Dish since 1996. I have a 5 LNB slimline, an HR-22 DVR and an R22.

I've been disappointed with the picture quality on the Bangor, ME SD local channels. The CBS affiliate has lip synch issues almost daily and the FOX affiliate is so jittery that it is unwatchable most of the time. An E-mail to Directv suggested that I read the FAQs (done) and reset my STBs (done). The problem continues.

My Dish account is still active and there are no problems with locals on that receiver.

Is it safe for me to assume that when the market goes to HD (Dec 2008), that
these issues will go away?

I have found that the HD PQ is slightly superior with this carrier and look forward to HD network programming in Dec. rather than goodness knows when with Dish.

Regards, Eric

My local ABC affiliate in Lexington KY has green pixelation all the time on D*. Though I like D* better overall, this didn't happen when I had E*

I live in the Bangor, Maine market also and have a 5 LNB Slimline and a R22 just like you. I also have these problems and I completely sick of it. I been having problems like this for the 3-4 months now off and on, but this past 2 weeks it have been the worst ever. I have not seen any problems on CBS 5 but sees white dots on NBC2, have the extreme freezing and lipsync problems on Fox22 and sometime on ABC7.
I had an tech guy come out and said it was an issue in bangor were it's broadcasted from and that was 3 months ago.

I wish they would fix it once and for all because It is really starting to upset me and Directv is not doing anything about it.

These are not just small market issues. I am having the same issue with both my HR-21 & my HR10-250 in Dallas, TX. It has been worse since the recent issue with the non responsive remote.

Strangely, if I jump back 6 seconds with the DVR, the FOX affiliate (22) is watchable. This, of course is no help on the R-22.

Maybe when they start feeding HD, the problem will go away.

Regards, Eric

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Long Time D* Customer needs advice

Little Rock ABC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)