So I got a 4K TV...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks to all for sharing. I also bought the Samsung 4K UHD, ... only at COSTCO during Thanksgiving week for $450. Also, the DTV remote changed nicely and smoothly with the 960 code to allow the input button to function properly.

Reactions: ejb1980
I thought I got a good deal at $628. Looks like I overpaid! There isn't a Target anywhere near here and I don't have a Costco membership so those are out. Everything is overpriced in VT anyway... But I saw it for like $1,000 online other places so I guess I am good.

Thanks to all for sharing. I also bought the Samsung 4K UHD, ... only at COSTCO during Thanksgiving week for $450. Also, the DTV remote changed nicely and smoothly with the 960 code to allow the input button to function properly.
My local Costco didn't carry it.

The 960 code has changed my life. I don't recall ever having to do that before, it just worked. There is something about 960 on the remote set up screen but I didn't understand what it meant and I had never used it before. With my LGTV, the input button allowed about 80% of the TVs functions. With the 4K Samsung, I haven't found anything that it can't do, except the "Extra" button, but that is not important. It goes to all the menus, works with OTA, and easily goes from TV and Directv. It even will select and play/pause Amazon, Netflix, and You Tube videos from the TV. It's easier than the TV remote, too. Slide over to TV, press "TV input" and everything is there to select including the streaming services. I wonder how much of that the RC71 remote can do.

I don't get the obsession with 4k....There is so little 4k content available.

There is lots available, but all online, Netflix as of now has 52 movies and comedy specials and 62 seasons of TV shows up n 4K.

http://instantwatcher.com/search?so...content_type[]=1&content_type[]=2&quality[]=4

Amazon has 40 TV Seasons in 4K for their Prime service.
http://instantwatcher.com/a/search?...ite=on&prime[]=2&content_type[]=2&quality[]=4

And Hulu is now updating their app for showing some of their content in 4K.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

I didn't get the TV because it was 4K specifically. My old TV has a scratch on it and I saw this TV and it was a decent price, and the 4K was kind of a bonus and future-proofing. To me, it makes HD look like it should. Actual 4K material (from Amazon and You Tube) looks really good, but like I said before - not THAT much better. This was 1 out of 8 of all the TVs they had that were 4K. Well over 20 regular HD on display. There is more content coming, and there's quite a bit online, so if you're getting a new TV, get a 4K. Otherwise, wait to get one. The online content does no good if your Internet is crappy. I had to upgrade to watch 4K, as noted in the original post.

For starters, the up-conversion on the better sets such as the Samsung is stunning. Secondly, as already pointed out there's plenty of streaming content available. Finally, the cost difference now is such that spending a few extra bucks is well worth it.

Reactions: AZ.

There plenty of 4K Content not only Streaming but new releases come out every Tuesday of the month that are in 4K Movie Titles which right now is the best way to watch 4K. Batman vs Superman 4K the new Bourne Film that comes out tomorrow plus Suicied Squad,Sully,The Magnificent Seven all come out this month in 4K as well so there is plenty of 4K content and I think you will start seeing TV Networks making the switch soon. :)

I think you will start seeing TV Networks making the switch soon. :)

That will not happen for a long time, first there is no other providers except Sat. TV that has any STBs that can send a 4K signal to the TV, why waste money if most cannot see it.

Second, not one TV Manufacturer is sponsoring content like they did when everything went from SD to HD (they must think they do not need to since so much 4K is out there online), so much less incentive for a channel provider to provide a 4K version of their channel.

Third, a lot of providers have no space, Dish does HD Lite, Comcast is rumored to be sending out 720P instead of 1080i because of space constraints.

That will not happen for a long time, first there is no other providers except Sat. TV that has any STBs that can send a 4K signal to the TV, why waste money if most cannot see it.

Second, not one TV Manufacturer is sponsoring content like they did when everything went from SD to HD (they must think they do not need to since so much 4K is out there online), so much less incentive for a channel provider to provide a 4K version of their channel.

Third, a lot of providers have no space, Dish does HD Lite, Comcast is rumored to be sending out 720P instead of 1080i because of space constraints.

Well first there is plenty of 4K content available now not only streaming wise which a lot of people do plus movies as well which come out every Tuesday of the month in 4K. So as far a content there plenty of 4K Content that can not be argue any more that being said Yes it will take sometime for the TV Networks to make the switch and it will Not happen with all of them at once. But I think we will slowly see Networks starting to make the move it might only be one might not be any but I think it will happen sooner than later.

The way a 4K TV makes regular Directv look is worth the extra $50-$100 to get a 4K TV with the same screen size.

Status
Please reply by conversation.