So whats on C-Band?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirectDishNet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Davenport Iowa
Have been pricing the 1.2 meter dish's.....Thinking of going mini bud.
So, Whats on C-Band that I can't get with my little ku dish? Am I missing anything?

Question:
Can I just get a 1.2m dish and lnb? or do I have to get another receiver?
What type of motor will be best with the mini bud?
Is it worth it to go C

I have found it worth it to go Mini-BUD, because I'm a big baseball fan, and during the season there are regular games on 121W and 131W which look great. There's also the networks on 99W and CW on 91W which are staples . You can get quite a bit with a 4 footer, but it will just whet your appetite for a larger dish. There are quite a few DVB-S2 channels on C-band that you'll never get with a 1.2M ( or probably even a 6 foot dish ) . It only takes 5 minutes to swap out the C-band lnbf for a Ku lnbf, If necessary , and that's another good point.
I'm using a DG-380 from Sadoun, and WSI has a new motor that will handle a 1.2M dish. A STAB HH120 is the classic way to move the dish, but that motor is mighty slow.
:)

Tell you what guys, I have been working on my mini bud system for a coupla weeks now. I have one of those 5 foot Wilson dish, the dish that used to sit on the ground with the big ring that held it up. I did away the ground ring and used the mount from the C Band dish (dish was messed up). I am using the 621-2 lnb. So far I got G4 programmed and got those C Band channels to come in great with a 72% quality signal. I will be using a C Band motor drive controlled by my V Box. At this poing I have been using my US Electonics ORB 5000 to track the Clarke Belt with rotten results since there are very little analog channels for the IRD to pick up. So I will piggy back my Traxis 3500 to it and use the Ku part of the 621-2 to finish tracking the Belt.
With so much rain the last few weeks I am very limited on this but as time go by, I will keep you posted and will post pictures. Wish me luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Proper length of P* 84e feed support arm

Epix Movie Channel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts