Somebody explain this one to me

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ghc37

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
I have slimline 5 dish and 1 HR21? HD dvr reciever. A lot of my HD channels have been freezing and pixelating and I noticed I have some really low signals on sats 103 and 99. So I call Directv and she says to reset it by pushing red button. So I do and all my problems seemed to have disappeared. How can a reset fix that? The signals on the 2 satellites I mentioned where in the upper 30's range. Enlighten me :)

Its not a Fix, If your signals are in the 30's, Thats way too low.

Call up D* again if you have the protection plan, and tell them your signal strength is low and your getting dropouts. You need a re-alinement.

Unless the reset brought your Signals up to the 80's and 90's

Yeah if you rest and your signals are still low or they gradually get lower as the day go one call us up and get a tech out there probably just needs to be re peaked.

Thats exactly what happened Stonecold. I had dish remounted anfter getting new shingles on roof in june. signals where good then but have slowly been dropping. Do you think something may be loose up there on the dish?

Thats exactly what happened Stonecold. I had dish remounted anfter getting new shingles on roof in june. signals where good then but have slowly been dropping. Do you think something may be loose up there on the dish?

Or a tree may be growing a bit over the course of the time your talking, leaves can also do that.

I do have a lot of TALL trees on south side of the yard. I may just be SOL

To much work, I was thinking more along the lines of dynamite or something quick and easy :)

Can you see the dish itself, maybe with binoculars?

Besides the main mast, are there two thin metal arms coming from the dish down to the roof?

My guess is that the installer left off the two support arms, and the wind has just worked the dish out of position. Besides screwing up your alignment, all that movement on the roof mount can end up giving you a leaky roof.

It's not a common problem, but it does happen, especially on roofs. There are some mounts that can make the need for the support arms less important, but they're pretty expensive. I think the issue is that most guys dont want to spring for the expensive mount, and they dont want to put three holes in the roof.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)