Sony announces BDP-S350, BDP-S550: first new Blu-ray players since the fall of HD DVD

Did you want your Car Blu-ray to have to support Live?
Why not? A car HD-DVD player wouldj (via Bluetooth perhaps?). Then again, does an HD player really have any place in a small vehicle? Studios will have to consider very carefully whether or not to implement "optional" features as they may not have sufficient market to justify adding it.

Where these features are available in all players, there aren't any concerns about whether or not everyone can take advantage of them.

Because Live(2.0) doesn't replace Bonus view(1.1). They are both meant to be an option. Low end (and for those who do not have a fast internet) players are 1.1. Most portables, with no real ability to be connected to the internet, will be 1.1. Did you want your Car Blu-ray to have to support Live?
I just want the final specs out. They are two years behind HD DVD in that department. I've had to accept Blu as my HDM solution, I 'm just frustrated because I feel like I've taken a step back to what HD DVD was.

I just want the final specs out. They are two years behind HD DVD in that department. I've had to accept Blu as my HDM solution, I 'm just frustrated because I feel like I've taken a step back to what HD DVD was.

Final specs have been out almost a year.

They have no excuse except incompotence.

It's not incompetence. It's greed--pure and simple. They want you to triple-dip on hardware. Buy a profile 1.0 at $500-1000, buy a profile 1.1 at $300-800 then buy a profile 2.0 at $250-600.

I'll wait until Christmas. The studios are making it easy for me. Rendition is SD DVD only. There Will Be Blood will be SD DVD only, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts