Sony has to be joking!!

you do not get that with any HDMI product you purchase
Well My Upconverting Samsung DVD HD-950 did included the HDMI Cable, also my other DVD HD-940 included the DVI Cable.

The fact is that Sony keeps changing things, and too many people has lost faith in them..

I wonder how many of you purchased a XBOX360 core unit without a harddrive (and this after the original XBox came with one) and then purchase the $100 add-on?

You kevitch about the $499 PS3 being the poor boy when it comes with basically the same equipment as the primo XBOX360 plus bluetooth technology, BluRay technology, broadband in the box, tilt sensing controllers that charge with a usb cable included, oh heck how about if I quit here. And then you talk up that it is $100 more than the XBOX360 Primo system, even though as you can see the PS3 $499 comes with significantly more hardware.

You will be able to play HD movies on the PS3 $499 unit even if you have to buy the componet attachment - Can't do that with a XBOX360 primo pack now can you. Wait, you can purchase for what -- maybe $200 a HD-DVD player and watch HD movies with the same componet output you do with the $499 PS3. But now that $399 XBOX primo unit now has a price tag of $599. And that is right there with the PS3 $599 with HDMI 1.3 (that will not be on the Xbox HD-DVD drive), a wireless ethernet, 60gb harddrive easily upgradable (because Sony decided to use the same standard harddrive setup as PCs -- unlike the XBOX360) oh heck, I will stop there.

Lets face it, the XBOX360 Primo unit is a great gaming machine. The PS3 will be too. So there are two PS3 products coming out -- you want to compare the XBOX360 core to the $499 PS3? Not even in your dreams can you make that one work. If you purchase everything for the XBOX360 core that the $499 has on it you will definately not have any money for games or movies and that does not have to include a HD-DVD drive -- do the math.

As for the PS3, you might not get 2 HDMI ports (like you have two HDTV's side by side to play--yeah right) and you might not get the HDMI cable (so buy one) and you might not get what -- the MOON!

Hey, just like M$ produce the XBOX360 last year and sold them out so will the PS3. The only differance is that there will be more PS3's coming every month thereafter. If I remember right, you were damm lucky to find a XBOX360 system after the launch right up to what -- March, April? You might not like Sony, that does not mean that they are evil just like there are those in the PC world who hate M$ -- doesn't make them evil either. Both these systems will survive and do very well.

Finally, I would rather a system come out late, and have the latest technology and be a sound product then come out early and have a lot of problems. Anyone here want to be honest about the XBOX360's early problems? I won't list those -- you can -- and this is not saying that the PS3 won't have problems -- all new systems do!

Let me teach you a new word that you are having trouble understanding, Joe, Its called "Choices".

The 360 core gave you the choice to add on. However it's more expensive that way if you want it all or most of the upgrades. PS 3 doesn't. You have 2 cut in stone packages and speaking of the extra hardware... What if I wanted to add only HDMI to my $499 PS3? Oh WAIT!!! I Can't!

BluRay? Who cares? Certainly not gamers. As T2K said there is NO game out there that fills DVD9. Game developers who use that much CGI to fill the DVD 9 are making a short crappy game. I buy a game to play a game not play a movie.

Broadband in the box? Umm isn't that ethernet? uses the same Cat 5 cable as the 360. Of course unless Sony is adding my cable/DSL modem to the PS3. Then I MIGHT give you that point.

Tilt sensing controllers? who cares? I and the majority of the gamers out there prefer the rumble sensation over motion sensing. Rechargable USB cable? I would rather buy a recharge pack and charge 2 battery packs at once while not tethered to my console. So no, its not significantly more hardware. Than the 360 premium. Try again please!

Play HD Movies? BUY A SEPARATE PLAYER!! Time and time again its proven that 'all in one' solutions are inferior to specialized units... think this way "jack of all trades is a master at nothing!" think of all the crappy all in one printers... the scanning resolution is low, printing resolution is low, however you can fax stuff with it. But then you always have your trusty old modem and your own high resolution scanner to fax items from your PC. I bought a PS2 for the same reason back then and GOD what a mistake that was. The laser goes out after about 2 years of use playing games and watching movies.

Wireless ethernet? Who cares? With the interference from the walls between your wireless device and your access point, you may need a repeater depending on the number of walls in your house. Add another $90.

60GB hard drive? You got me there... But I don't keep game demos for months and months. Those are the things that eat up the space.

Games that require a HD-DVD Drive or BluRay? Like what game? See above, you have been told time and time again that high capacity drives aren't needed for playing games. Yet time and time again you fail to get that message.

2 HDMI ports would be nice, besides there are some rich people out there. Who may have their 70" HDTV and a smaller 30" HDTV somewhere in their house. Stop making assumptions. The point is were were told that we would have that but your Uncle Ken took that away. Tell me is it that hard to give someone something that you told them you would? And dont forget the speculated cost of your NEW HDMI 1.3 cable or adapter.

And I guess you believe wholeheartedly that your Uncle Ken will sell 6 million units by April? That means he would need to make roughly 1.5 million units a month. That's funny because we cant even get 1 million units by launch. And again I seriously doubt that he will be selling that many with that price tag.

Unless you are compating PS3 to PS3 and 360 to 360 in the last paragraph then I see a contradiction. You rather buy a system that comes out late with the latest technology and be a sound product. Do you see your contradiction? When your PS3 comes out it will be an early product with brand new technology ridden with problems (like the 360). The 360 would have been our a year prior so THAT will be the sound product. Most of the 360 bugs were squashed with the 2nd revision. So when can we sign you up for a 360?

Choices? Korsis says on the XBOX360 you get a game on the hard drive and you get XBOXLIVE. Uh, what happens if you purchase a XBOX360 CORE? Choices are what M$ has always been about. That way they can get considerably more money out of you. And for most who first purchased the XBOX360 CORE they wished they could of found a XBOX360 PREMIUM to purchase instead so that they could have saved money.

Say anything you want, a componet cable hook-up to a LCD or DLP will NOT give you the same picture as HDMI any version. So, with the XBOX360 you will never be able to get the best picture possible out of the XBOX on digital HD screen technology. You will out of the $599 PS3 with HDMI.

I do not use my game players for movie playing-- they are usually not very good. However, during the adoption period (which will probably run about 2 years) the PS3 will do fine as a BluRay player. I also intend to purchase a 2nd or 3rd Generation HD-DVD player.

How many XBOX360 units made it to the market on Launch DAY? Before XMAS how many more XBOX360 units made it out to the market? Humm, I will let you answer that one.

Sony makes products. They are in the manufacturing business. They also make the blue diodes that are used in both HD-DVD players and BluRay players. Am I skeptical that they can build 1.2 mil units during November and December -- Yes. Do I think that they will stop production like M$ did on the XBOX360-- No. I can see the PS3 selling between 600,000 and 1 million units in North America by Xmas. That my boy is a pretty good start.

All new products when they first hit the pavement have problems. New adopters expect that. However, remember the statement you made 'Most of the 360 bugs were squashed with the 2nd revision.' Do you think by the 3rd revision coming out in March with a HD-DVD drive included inside they will have all the bugs worked out? If so, you can sign me up then.

In the issue of fairness, unless we have experienced them ourselves, we don't really know how many of the "360 bugs" were real and how many were created by Sony trolls, etc.

DaveyBoy26 said:
In the issue of fairness, unless we have experienced them ourselves, we don't really know how many of the "360 bugs" were real and how many were created by Sony trolls, etc.

I got mine in Febuary so I didn't get one of the launch consoles. Mine was manufactured in 12/05 and I have only experienced the game freezing only once. That was recently playing Lego Star Wars II.

Probably the freezing up is due to software and not the XBOX360. However, overheating must of been an issue because every where the XBOX360 is sold they sell coolers for the unit. If you have a unit that has no problems then great. If you have had problems then get another one. Usually electronics has a less than 5% failure upon new release which after the first year of production drops to about 1%. When dealing with a new release 5% of 400,000 units is 20,000 units which sounds like alot but really isn't on a new release electronic product (except to those who purchased a defective product and can not get an exchange because there are none). I know a few people who have a XBOX360 and they do not have any problems--of course their XBOX360 sits in a rack with their other stereo equipment.

JoeSp said:
Probably the freezing up is due to software and not the XBOX360. However, overheating must of been an issue because every where the XBOX360 is sold they sell coolers for the unit. If you have a unit that has no problems then great. If you have had problems then get another one. Usually electronics has a less than 5% failure upon new release which after the first year of production drops to about 1%. When dealing with a new release 5% of 400,000 units is 20,000 units which sounds like alot but really isn't on a new release electronic product (except to those who purchased a defective product and can not get an exchange because there are none). I know a few people who have a XBOX360 and they do not have any problems--of course their XBOX360 sits in a rack with their other stereo equipment.

HEY!!! easy there for once we kind of agree on something. Although I think the overheating came mostly from user error in keeping the unit in confined quarters with no ventilation. So of course some of the 3rd parties are going to capitalize on the people who keep it confined in claiming that their product will keep it cool. Most of them dont keep it considerably cooler because people still have the underlying problem of keeping it in a tight space. I think they should correct the cause of the problem before buying addons. Dont forget about the people claiming that it scratches discs. Well if you move a computer HDD while it is in motion you risk a chance of scratching the platters and destroying the drive... same concept here.

LOL, let me spare everyone some time and aggravation, Which company has HALO 3?

SONY...RIP :)

i heard about a month ago on the radio that the new ps3 games will marry to the unit once they are used in that unit. in other words, once they are used in your console, they marry, like a satellite card. you won't be able to use the game in any other console, can't buy or trade games, can't rent them.....anyone else heard this?

dad said:
i heard about a month ago on the radio that the new ps3 games will marry to the unit once they are used in that unit. in other words, once they are used in your console, they marry, like a satellite card. you won't be able to use the game in any other console, can't buy or trade games, can't rent them.....anyone else heard this?

I think Gamefly has a rental page for the PS3 but they have yet to add any games to it. So I think they scrapped that idea. SOME people (not me) here on this forum think buying used or renting games is a form of piracy though.

That would be totally suicidal move for PS3. Even though Kutaragi is obviously a bltant and loud drug abuser but he's not alone on this, let alone that he lost most of his clout over the last two years worth of PS3 scandals - no sane people at Sony would aloow this.

WRT to buying used games is just as much piracy as buying used furniture or cars is stealing. People believing in this need to visit their shrinks to get their heads checked, seriously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts