SOS: Former DirecTV customer gets 3+ years of grief before company listens

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can't help thinking there is more to the story.

Was Fred still a Directv customer after he moved to the high rise apartment? My understanding is that the SMAT / MDU company that operates the building distribution system (the dish & cable to the units) resells the service to residents.

So my questions would be who did he have a contract with and who sent the collection company?
Then...repeated collection calls violate collection laws. And, why after three years did Directv make nice and forgive all?

These stories come along from time to time but some detail explains where an error creeps into the transaction. On the surface it seems the customer had a no LOS situation after he moved and that situation would suspend his contract.

The technical solution to the situation would be to amp the line from the dish with a Power Inserter (PI) and a powered multiswitch to boost signal to distant units; no big deal!

Just sayin"

Joe

Last edited:
We gotta have more! Two years every day?....Who was doing the calling? What did they say? How much does CID and an answering machine cost?

I, personally, got calls from DirectSatUSA...their call center in Philly...asking for an ETA to jobs not assigned to me......did I complain?...nah! Not me. I had stopped doing their work because I wasn't paid...but my number was out here looking for an address...

This guy was just being asked for money. Everybody has money, right? I was asked to work for free.

Just say no!

Joe

problem is sounds like he had a mdu and alot of time people will call the MDU and complain and then we have no notes of what transpired. If say directsat was administering the aprt building and someon calls in to complain we have generally no idea as we generally dont send people out the mdu admin does . Also cancelations has to go throug hthe mdu admin and not us, as a general rule.

Status
Please reply by conversation.