Special Test Channels 9300 and 9301: Tonight!!! 9/22/2007 at 10pm PT

Status
Please reply by conversation.
yeah, going to bed here, did the reboots and everything, still nothing for me on 9300 or 9301, but i hope, and do expect, that when it does go live for real, the channels will come in.

I guess I should have updated all of my gear a couple of weeks ago. By changing my account on Friday, I'm probably in some kind of weird "Billing Cycle Limbo" at D*

Who knows. Maybe I'll catch the next test.

I think the "-$4.88" thing in my Recent Activity on D* is for a partial month w/ one receiver and a "$4.88" for the new one. That way, I pay the right amount for the billing cycle regardless of what the account says I am using at home. Was that clear as mud or what?

Hantu

All i had to to was go to directv.com and change programming. when you get to the extra section, you cant select HD Access. but when you go to confirm changes. Its there. Click accept and about a minute later the 721 will go away.

Discovery looks very nice. even though its upconverted atm.

Senz:
Okie-doke. My problem is that my current package isn't being offered anymore. We'll have to see what happens if I change it to something that actually exists :)

Hantu

Is Dirty Jobs upconverted right now? When I made my post about the quality vs. Mediacom cable, there was a Meerkat Manor commercial on that looked absolutely freakin' great...

Is Dirty Jobs upconverted right now? When I made my post about the quality vs. Mediacom cable, there was a Meerkat Manor commercial on that looked absolutely freakin' great...

Yes, it's an SD episode. Discovery does this weird zoom, slight stretch, and pillarbox framing on 4:3 SD content. The HD commercials still look stunning.

Yeah...the Meerkat Manor commercial was phenomenal.

yeah, going to bed here, did the reboots and everything, still nothing for me on 9300 or 9301, but i hope, and do expect, that when it does go live for real, the channels will come in.

You may want to check your bbc's and sure they are working

Yes, it's an SD episode. Discovery does this weird zoom, slight stretch, and pillarbox framing on 4:3 SD content. The HD commercials still look stunning.

Ah yes, I see the pillars now. I didn't notice them before in the night room setting.

0226 EDT Jamesville, NC
I tuned in to 9300 and is on, so is 9301! I double check further 480, 481, 498, 9300 and 9301>checked! 9300 is NG with 1280X720@60Hz. 9301 is Discovery with 1920X1080i@60Hz
Both have DD 5.1.
I am ready for Freddy! Bring it on baby!
PS
9300 is 4:3 and unfortunately I am getting intermittent pixelation.

Last edited:
Still a bummer.

Updated my programming choices @ DirecTV.com, reset the receiver, checked 480, 481, and 498 (with good results), and went to 9300. BANG! Squatola!

I give up. This ain't worth the hassle for two test channels. Seeing the MPEG4 stuff would have been nice, but I could have been watching Bikini Destinations, instead :)

Hantu

Still a bummer.

Updated my programming choices @ DirecTV.com, reset the receiver, checked 480, 481, and 498 (with good results), and went to 9300. BANG! Squatola!

I give up. This ain't worth the hassle for two test channels. Seeing the MPEG4 stuff would have been nice, but I could have been watching Bikini Destinations, instead :)

Hantu
Maybe this is why there was a delay in the launch.

AT9 + H20 = HD Goodness in Columbus, OH

Both channels are available and the Discovery shows look wonderful.

Still a bummer.

Hantu

Same issue here. 480, 481 & 498 are good, but no go on 9300 & 9301.
Also, went through updating programming online and still no test channels.

Hopefully, when they finally roll it out, I don't get left out too.

Maybe this is why there was a delay in the launch.

The rumor was that they couldn't hook users' accounts up w/ the channels they could get. This could be my dilemma.

Wild rumors and conjecture are fun aren't they?
Who said there's anything wrong with a Wild A** Guess?

Got 9300 and 9301 coming in. Letterboxed because the content on 9300 (which I believe is National Geographic HD) is not in HD. I see infomercials filling whole screen (widescreen) in what looks to be 720p. 9000 and 9001 not available.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)