Specific difference on VIP722k between UHF antenna Band A and Band B

Don't know but they seem to travel farther on lower numbered addresses. My favorite is 3 or 7 when having trouble with distance. What kind if problem are you having?

Actually, Band B seems to solve problems that Band A just doesn't work well. I've found that in homes with a lot of wall to go through Band A just doesn't work well, if at all. A switch to Band B has solved that problem in every situation I've encountered. If all is working well with the default Band A, then no need consider Band B. If you're having problems, then try Band B.

It communicates at different range sets depending on the mode. So neither band is "better" but more so which band is able to bypass the interference and allow the remote to communicate at its full range.

That makes sense, never heard it put like that.

Band B (even numbers) is the "newer" band and in my experience a good bit better than the "old" band A (odd numbers.)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

I was hoping for an engineering explanation of the difference between Band A and Band B. Any engineers out there? Surely there is some specific engineering difference that makes Band B almost always has greater distance than Band A. For me Band A will go about 40 ft and Band B will go 80 feet and through many walls.

I assume the engineering specs for this may be different for each receiver model. I am only interested in the 722k. It would be nice to know WHY Band B works so much better and not just that it IS better.

There is even a section on the Dish website regarding how to change the band to prevent interference with other remotes. But there are other devices that can cause interference that can be resolved by changing the UHF band. Most likely there are devices in your home that are causing UHF interference and those devices are emmiting signals in the UHF A band frequency range. When you put the remote into B band it uses a different frequency range and most likely you don't have many devices in your home that intefere with the B band range, therefore your remote works better.

http://www.mydish.com/support/change-uhf-band-20-21

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts