Spine or NO Spine, that is the question...

Doctor Bob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 22, 2003
Riverside, California
It seems like the entire Media group have abandoned the premise that "News is News"!!! They say that they are presenting the news, but what they are really doing is presenting stories about "Hot" new products or services, in a Format that looks like "The News"!!! Hell, it's not News!!! It's Product Advertisement!!!

With the exception of one "Media Outlet" namely "The Transmitter", there is not one "News Outlet" that is not sucking up to The Big Companies, so that they can keep collecting their revenues... What ever happened to the idea that there is real news to be reported out there!!! Unless you have been killed by a raving maniac, or building a new mousetrap, you are not going to get into the "News"..... I wonder how much these big Companies actually spend a year, just keeping stories out of the main stream Media???

Every Small Dealer and Installation Technician in the Electronics Industry, and for the last 50 or so years, have had to put up with the greed of the Big Companies!!!

Have you NO SPINE, as media people??? Two Great Stories, about Justice for the Little Guy, and not one, other than "THE TRANSMITTER", has the SPINE, to tell the world the truth!!! What a bunch of Cowardly Low Life, NO HAVING, Leaches we must have in our Industry Media Folks!!! The can only suck up to the "Big Money Folks"!!!

PS, go to www.transmitternews.com for the best news in the Satellite Industry...

Last edited:
I know what your saying but remember that any news agency larger than that wich serves a small village in the back woods of Kentucky is owned by corporations who's cingular purpose is to make money and second is to get away with making money however they can and not go to jail. Any paper, radio, tv, or zine news that has to answer to Murdoch, abc, nbc, cbs, clear channel, ect ect ect does not and will not report any news clearly and unbiased becuase its not in they're best financial interest to do so. These companies are relying more and more heavily on the advertisers for revenue as the internet has made it easier to find news in a flash instead of having to wait for an anchor or host to get to the point.

But yea this is in the wrong place though, better for the pit or chitchat or pub really.

You are correct in your assement Van... It's just that the Industry News Outlets, should have more coverage of news that effects that Industry, and few of them do their jobs... You may be right about putting it in the pub area, but the percentage of people that would not be able to view it is huge... Thanx for your input...

Milwaukee12 said:
I really don't understand what this is doing here in the D* forum.

It's all about DirecTV, and the lack of Spine on the part of most of the media... They won't print the Negatives, because they fear repercussions, and loss of revenues... LOL

This rant does not belong here. Pub or Pit maybe but not here.
For the record, I am a broadcaster and you'll be glad to know Dr.Bob, not a communist. We charge for ads...we don't give them away and we're not looking for goverment help..ala NPR or PBS. Personally, in 35 years in my profession, I've never been asked to slant programming one way or another to satisfy an advertiser.

Second, if you want to be taken seriously, change your "Liberalism...Just a disorder sig". Not because you are attacking Libs. because it signals that you have an agenda be it correct or not.

I really hope the Mods will move this thread out of here and we can go back to discussing Direct TV and not the methods of news distribution.

Wow wish I saw this before!!!

I agree with Bob 100%!!!!

The are other publications in the 'media biz' that did not cover any of the negative DirecTV news like the HD lite lawsuit and a few other things many would consider negative. Yet they win a small trivial lawsuit and it becomes a major headline like it was major news.

Funny how that works.

I love the transmitter they pull no punches.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Wow wish I saw this before!!!

I agree with Bob 100%!!!!

The are other publications in the 'media biz' that did not cover any of the negative DirecTV news like the HD lite lawsuit and a few other things many would consider negative. Yet they win a small trivial lawsuit and it becomes a major headline like it was major news.

Funny how that works.

I love the transmitter they pull no punches.

Hi Scott,

Your comments leave a warm and fuzzy feeling, with us!!! I doubt that anything will change in the Media Business, but you would think that they would get the hint, that all we want is "The Full spectrum" of the News, like the Transmitter gives us... LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts