splitting tv2 with a 722k

Rogergoochman

Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
Toledo oh
I have a VIP722k. I have one reciever with the tv1 tv2 feature. TV1 is in the living room and tv2 is in the bedroom. I would like to split off TV2 and running another line to a TV in my basement. I assume TV in the basement would be the same programming as TV2, and im fine with that. I tried tinkering around and i couldnt figure it out. If took some pics so you could direct me where to insert my splitter. Thanks Zach!
dishsplit004.jpg

dishsplit002.jpg

dishsplit001.jpg

dishsplit003.jpg

I think you're calling things splitters that really aren't. Pic 4 is almost certainly referring to a diplexer -- is it the one in Pic 1 or Pic 2? In Pic 1, how can the legs be going to TV1 and to TV2 with no source labeled where the RF signal is coming from? This would be easier to follow if we knew which picture led to which. Is the Pic 2 "comes from splitter" actually referring to the Separator shown in Pic 3 and 4? If so, it would be a "goes to" and not a "comes from" as we try to follow the signals.

I didn't follow all your pictures. But on your diagram you'll need to insert a splitter in the line somewhere between pic 1 and TV2. The final install should be something like this pdf. Just with one less TV2.

"http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/images/pdf/tech/DistributionExample7.pdf"

(Sorry, I can't post an actual link because I don't have enough posts. Just copy and paste the above.)

Here's what you need to do. Pic one shows the diplexer that has the sat dish incoming line and the TV2 outgoing line...the coax that goes to the bedroom...THAT coax, the one feeding the bedroom is the one you put the splitter on. Depending on your situation you could take the TV2 coax off the diplexer and connect that coax to one of the two outputs of an actual splitter, use a short coax jumper to connect the TV2 output of the diplexer (where you just took the coax off) to the input of the splitter. You know have an output on the splitter that you can run to the basement.

BTW, you did a great job with your pics and diagram......you got some of the terms wrong but for a customer who is just going by what he sees I thought you did excellent.

Yep, the diagram in post #4 made it very easy to see what is where. I'll walk through the pictures to help you understand what is going on.

Pic 1 (mentally rotate 90° CCW to match the digram) - this is a diplexer, in this case being used to break out the Sat and OTA signals. The line labeled "goes to TV1" actually goes to the other diplexer (they're typically used in pairs) shown in Pic 2 which goes to the Sat rcvr. That line is carrying 2-way traffic with the sat feed coming in and the TV RF going out.

Pic 2 - the Input of this diplexer goes to/from the other diplexer in Pic 1. The Sat output goes to the DPP Separator in Pic 3 and 4. The VHF/UHF output is actually coming from the receiver's Home Distribution, pretty much as stated.

Pic 3 - the DPP Separator, signal comes from the diplexer in Pic 2 then on to the Sat1 and Sat2 inputs on the receiver. The Separator is actually a special use case of a diplexer, this one breaking out the regular DBS and higher band-stacked DishPro frequency ranges, as opposed to the regular diplexer that combines or separates the DBS and OTA frequency ranges. You begin to see why Dish gave it a different name.

Pic 4 - showing the lines at the receiver that connect to the diplexer in Pic 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts