SquareShooter ota position

elocs

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 9, 2004
La Crosse, WI
I had a SquareShooter antenna upgrade about a month ago and get all of the stations I want except the NBC station which is about 50 miles away in the opposite direction from the others. My antenna was installed with it being perpendicular to the ground with the face towards the stations it is receiving. I saw a picture online of a SquareShooter installed parallel to the ground with the face up. Does this make the antenna more omnidirectional and if mine were this way would I have the chance of pulling in the NBC station which is within its range?

50 miles is really pushing it with this antenna. I have the optional amp myself and even with that I think you would be hard pressed.

The antenna has a lot of room for twisting and angle changes (as you well know) so you can try different directions if you want (maybe per chance you'll pick it up reflected off of something) but I wouldn't get your hopes to high.

I have two towers that are 180 degrees opposite (PBS and FOX) off the main cluster towers (ABC, CBS, NBC etc.) and I was able to coax them all in with reflected signals off some adjacent structure. Took quite a bit, but it works.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)