Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-rays Launch in 2012

It comes out in a couple days. DO I start the process of investing money in the series all over again? This is killing me. My brain says NO -- you have it on DVD, you have it on Netflix, you do not need season 1 (which you don't really even like that much) on Blu-ray, but I see the $59 and say, its not that expensive... (but it is, as $59 x 7 seasons is $413, and I probably paid more than $600 for TNG on DVD back in the say). Do I do it? Do I hold out and hope in a few months its selling for $30 a season?

Oh, these are tough choices - and real dilemmas going around in my head. :)

I have it coming too... TNG was my favorite of the ST TVs, so I will buy them all one by one...

I skipped the DVDs, I have the whole series on Laser Disc though...

I have TOS on VHS...

I have it coming too... TNG was my favorite of the ST TVs, so I will buy them all one by one...

I skipped the DVDs, I have the whole series on Laser Disc though...

I have TOS on VHS...

So you probably spent even more money than I did on the LDs? :)

I am still on the fence, but somehow I am pretty sure I'll bite the bullet. Particularly if it is one every once in awhile.

So you probably spent even more money than I did on the LDs? :)

I am still on the fence, but somehow I am pretty sure I'll bite the bullet. Particularly if it is one every once in awhile.

I think it was like $25 for 2 episodes (one disc), and was like 1 disc a month... 178 episodes...

I have half the DS9 before laser disc got discontinued

The PQ is really good, they were full uncompressed broadcast quality. Better than DVD could do...

Dear Star Trek Fans, We have discovered an anomaly in the English 7.1 DTS Master Audio track in our Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 1 Blu-ray Box set.

There are some episodes that inadvertently had their front channel designations incorrectly mapped, resulting in an undesired playback experience when listening to them in a 7.1 or 5.1 Surround Sound environment.

We are quickly working to remedy the situation. Replacement discs (Disc 1, 3 and 4) will be made available free of charge.

Please email phe.stng@bydeluxe.com for details regarding the replacement program.

You may also call 1-877-DELUXE6 (877-335-8936) between 8am to 6pm Pacific, Monday-Friday. We strive to provide our fans the best Blu-ray experience possible and sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Saw this today.

Been watching episodes of TNG this week. Some on BD, some on Netflix (and their quality seems to have improved).

Watched one of my favorites today "Who is Watching the Watchers" - but was struck by how, in 25 years, the sets and art (for example looking through the Ten Forward windows at the planet below) looks really cheesy. I know we have become spoiled - but 25 years ago, it all felt and looked so real. Now... not so much. Oh, the stories are still great, and the characters the same, so I am not trying to diss it, but I do understand why my kid will sometimes groan and say "that is so cheesy."

But, in spite of it all, it is still so much fun. TNG kept me sane during graduate school. It was my one weekly reward. And its fun to watch it again.

Loaded up another episode on Netflix on my Apple TV. I swear the quality is 10X better than I have seen. And indeed, far better than anything on Dish.

If it was shot on 16mm film it can be dramatically improved. Many prime time shows are shot on 16mm and they look very good.

Not as good as 35mm, or digital capture like the red one system but a marked improvement nonetheless.

Swyped on my Nook color using Tapatalk Pro

Technical specifications for
"Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987) More at IMDbPro »

Camera
Panavision Cameras and Lenses

Film negative format (mm/video inches)
35 mm

Cinematographic process
Spherical

Printed film format
Video (NTSC)

Aspect ratio
4:3
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092455/technical

DS9 forever!

Otherwise, why do we say "that is so cheesy" when we all like cheese? Well, if everyone who did not like cheese disappeared, we would not miss them. ;)